Yosh quality control

rmoto003
Edited Date/Time 10/4/2017 11:20am
A little annoyed by the quality of this yosh pipe I got about 10 months ago. I noticed these the first time I repacked the exhaust (which was about 2 months after I bought it). Didnt do anything about it when I first saw it because it had held up fine until that point.

However now it keeps breaking rivets out and finally the last time I rode it, all of the rivets on the end closest to the headpipe broke out and the whole pipe opened up and packing came out.

I solved the problem by drilling out all the holes to 1/4" and using some big honkin 1/4" rivets, but damn this is still lame.

And for the record I did email yosh about this and called them, but they only offered me to send it in to them and pay to have it repaired. I have also repacked exhausts many times and drilled out many rivets (USMC ch-46 airframe mechanic), so im 100% positive I didnt cause this. Besides, the drill I use to take out rivets is a lot larger than the rivet itself.

|
9/26/2017 10:29am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2017 11:19am
Too much packing? Or too weak of rivets? Please elaborate. I have had great lunch with yoshimura.
Lol i meant luck
rmoto003
9/26/2017 11:05am
Too much packing? Or too weak of rivets? Please elaborate. I have had great lunch with yoshimura.
Lol i meant luck
The holes were drilled twice. Like they fitted it together wrong and had to drill the holes again.

The rivets I put in there wouldnt stay since they had so much free play around them and would just continually break out.
bf884
9/26/2017 3:52pm
Lol i meant luck
What did you eat and was Mr. Yoshimura a nice guy? Lol
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
9/26/2017 7:41pm
Lol i meant luck
bf884 wrote:
What did you eat and was Mr. Yoshimura a nice guy? Lol
Laughing

The Shop

Post a reply to: Yosh quality control

The Latest