Yamaha Power Tuner app- Can't connect

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2018 5:13 PM

Just brought home a 10hr 2018 YZ450F. I downloaded the app and followed the directions, but when I hit the starter button as instructed, no wifi is popping up to connect to. Any ideas?

|

10/15/2018 5:33 PM

I couldn't get my sons 19 to connect . Ended up going to settings on my iPhone and clicked on the wifi settings . Then the Yamaha tuner popped up. I clicked on that and it worked.So on mine it won't connect unless I hit the start button then get into the wifi settings and find the Yamaha tuner. Hope this helps.

|

10/15/2018 7:03 PM

Mine asked for a code that's on the actual wifi box on the bike. Once I put that in the app it worked just fine.

|

10/15/2018 7:53 PM

Wolfey wrote:

I couldn't get my sons 19 to connect . Ended up going to settings on my iPhone and clicked on the wifi settings . Then the Yamaha tuner popped up. I clicked on that and it worked.So on mine it won't connect unless I hit the start button then get into the wifi settings and find the Yamaha tuner. Hope this helps.

Yeah that's what I tried, the "GYTRTUNER" network isn't showing up like it's supposed to.

|

3/10/2019 4:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2019 4:59 AM

FCTRY wrote:

Yeah that's what I tried, the "GYTRTUNER" network isn't showing up like it's supposed to.

I’m having that same issue with my 19, I even tried connecting my buddies at the track yesterday and my WiFi wouldn’t pull his up either. Did you get it figured out?

|

3/10/2019 5:13 AM

Nope, just running it with the stock tune until I find an 18 part-out that has one available.

|

3/10/2019 6:52 AM

Photo
|

3/10/2019 6:55 AM

I didn't go back and read this thread, it turned out on mine that the CCU was missing altogether. Not being the original owner, I was shit out of luck with the dealer.

|

3/29/2019 5:12 PM

My CCU is in it was working fine until my battery went bad, I believe it worked when I first put the new battery in but I’m not positive I haven’t been able to get it to show up on my WiFi list for a few weeks now. Anyone out there ever experience this?

|

9/29/2019 7:09 PM

I have been using the app just fine until now. Now I am getting the message “ No Internet Connection”. I have tried different phones, shutting down my phone, disconnecting the CCU, forgetting the network and reconnecting, I have the correct S/N as well. Nothing. Anyone else have this happen?

Here is a pic of the error

Photo





|

9/30/2019 8:19 AM

Bmograt wrote:

I have been using the app just fine until now. Now I am getting the message “ No Internet Connection”. I have tried different phones, shutting down my phone, disconnecting the CCU, forgetting the network and reconnecting, I have the correct S/N as well. Nothing. Anyone else have this happen?

Here is a pic of the error

Photo





It says no internet connnection, because there is no internet connection on that network but you still have to connect to that network to connect to the bike.

When I went to a new phone that network either wouldn't show up or would not connect. It was some setting buried in my phone where it would not connect to networks without an internet connection. Changed it and all good. If you were able to connect before but now you can't maybe you had a setting get changed in an update pushed out to you.

|

9/30/2019 6:04 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Zman. I have reset my network settings on my phone. I have also tried multiple phones with no luck.
Not sure why it is connecting briefly and then saying “No Internet Connection”

|

10/1/2019 6:05 AM

Bmograt wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion Zman. I have reset my network settings on my phone. I have also tried multiple phones with no luck.
Not sure why it is connecting briefly and then saying “No Internet Connection”

It's saying no internet connection because it is not connected to the internet. when your phone connects to a wifi signal it pings a server to make sure its online. If it cant connect to the server it will say not connected to the internet. Since the wifi transmitter on the bike is not connected to the internet at all and is local to the bike it will always say that. The app should still work fine and you can program your bike.

|

10/1/2019 6:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2019 7:00 PM

MotoX331 you are correct. Thank you. My Maps were not uploading to the bike for some reason before and I assumed that this was the issue. I tried uploading them again tonight and I got them to upload. Not sure what they were not uploading before.

|

1/31/2020 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2020 5:54 PM

Power Tuner App - No internet connection - Issue Resolved
Before you begin you will need to know some basic info from your network.
BTW this was performed on an iPhone


Click on WiFi settings (click on the info icon (blue circle with lower case i )
Locate the IPV4 section -
Write down YOUR current information
IP Address:
Subnet Mask:
Router:

Using WiFi - connect to your bike’s network.
Once connected - click on the info icon (blue circle with lower case i )

Return to the IPV4 section -
Configure IP should say automatic
Tap on automatic and select manual
Enter your current IP address changing the last section to
an unused number. Example IP xxx.xxx.xxx.250
(Do not go higher than .254

Enter the subnet mask and your router info that you previously wrote down.

You should be able to now send data to your bike.

|

5/9/2020 6:43 PM

Dudes bought my 2020 450f in February. Just got the bike ready to go to the track. Shame on me for testing the tuner last minute. I attempted to login to my yz tuner with the wifi connect but the provided SN is not the correct password according to the yz tuner wifi. Anythoughts? I thought about contacting yamaha directly and seeing if maybe they had a password tagged with my tuner unit and see if maybe the wrong password was labeled on the tuner. Other than that I'm clueless.

|