Yamaha 450 2018-19 Airbox seal against Sand/Mud/Water

Related:
Create New Tag

9/24/2018 11:20 PM

Has anybody tried a similar setup on your own bikes? I have a heavy sand race this weekend and this would help the airfilters from getting too clogged. Filterskins are on the way, just trying to hear what other have done or if you simply change filter after every heat. I also have a bunch of No Toil rim grease that I might put on.

Photo

|

9/25/2018 4:46 AM

I put a coarse foam wrapped in prefilters at the entrance to the intake, then drill holes in the black plastic part of the scoop behind the radiator and cover with frogskins for extra flow when the front is blocked. Works great in the snow I would think it would help in the sand too.

|

9/25/2018 5:09 AM

does the air box have the bike intakes in the front like the 14-17? I put pre filters in the shroud intakes and it made a huge difference on how dirty the filter gets. I can get a few dusty days of riding and the filter stays pretty clean.

|

9/25/2018 7:12 AM

Lynch wrote:

Has anybody tried a similar setup on your own bikes? I have a heavy sand race this weekend and this would help the airfilters ...more

Don't change the filter unless you have too, especially at the track. Real good way of dropping shit in the box. If you are that worried, a layer of rim grease and a pre-filter will suffice.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.