YZ450F top clamp on 16' YZ125?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2018 8:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2018 8:07 AM

I have seen this asked before about the full triple clamp set. I'm trying to figure out if the 450 adjustable top clamp will bolt up to my 16' yz125? What years will match the offset? Any other issues to be concerned about? Thanks

|

7/16/2018 11:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2018 2:53 PM

Stock offset on the 16 YZ125 is 25mm, so you'll need to match that. The only year the 450 clamps were 25mm offset and the correct upper fork tube diameter to fit the newer two-strokes is the 2017.

So, only the 2017 450 upper clamp will bolt right up.

EDIT - See below post, the top fork clamp diameter may be wrong.

|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
https://luxonmx.com
Motocross Components Engineered for Performance

7/16/2018 3:18 PM

Luxon MX wrote:

Stock offset on the 16 YZ125 is 25mm, so you'll need to match that. The only year the 450 clamps were 25mm offset and the correct upper fork tube diameter to fit the newer two-strokes is the 2017.

So, only the 2017 450 upper clamp will bolt right up.

EDIT - See below post, the top fork clamp diameter may be wrong.

Thank you very much for the info!

|

7/17/2018 7:43 PM

2016 YZ450 had 25mm offset as well. And it will be the correct ID for the fork tube as well.

|

7/18/2018 11:29 AM

Jterry wrote:

2016 YZ450 had 25mm offset as well. And it will be the correct ID for the fork tube as well.

You are correct, it was both 2016 and 2017 that had 25mm offset stock on the 450.

|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
https://luxonmx.com
Motocross Components Engineered for Performance

7/19/2018 7:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2018 7:32 AM

Yamaha really needs to get the top clamp into the fische for these 125's as an alternate part for these model years. Better yet, just sell the bike with the adjustable clamp. Super easy update for free. Give the magazines at least one tiny update to talk about.

btw how does the 125 do with the 25mm offset, is an xtrigs offset a better option than the stocker?

|

7/21/2018 9:21 PM

offset is the same but upper diameter is 2mm large (yz125 250) lower is the same

|

7/22/2018 2:53 PM

Alex_Konopisopoulos wrote:

offset is the same but upper diameter is 2mm large (yz125 250) lower is the same

Indeed, it seems our test bike had 450 forks on it. Just tried to fit a set on a 2019 YZ125 and it takes the larger top clamps. Check your fork diameter where the top clamp bolts on, if it's 56mm then it is the same as the older two strokes, and if it's 54mm then it's the same as the newer four strokes. Or in other words, if it's 56mm then the triple clamps from a 450 will not fit without boring out the top clamp 2mm more in diameter.

|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
https://luxonmx.com
Motocross Components Engineered for Performance