YZ250F Misfire resolved

752dad
4/24/2018 1:43pm
Friend of mine’s son has the same bike as my son, 2016 YZ250F with 40 hours. He was having trouble with a misfire this past Saturday. I had ours down to the frame the previous week and discovered some chafing on the wiring harness near the ECU connector, so we checked for that, no issue found. One of his super mechanic buddies said check the “jumper” connector in the harness for corrosion. This jumper basically just makes connections within the harness. Sure enough it was corroded. He cleaned the connections and the problem was resolved. Hopefully this can help someone else that might be struggling with a misfire.

KC
|
KDXGarage
5/8/2018 2:23am
Thanks for passing that along.
make1go
5/8/2018 9:23am
752dad wrote:
Friend of mine’s son has the same bike as my son, 2016 YZ250F with 40 hours. He was having trouble with a misfire this past Saturday...
Friend of mine’s son has the same bike as my son, 2016 YZ250F with 40 hours. He was having trouble with a misfire this past Saturday. I had ours down to the frame the previous week and discovered some chafing on the wiring harness near the ECU connector, so we checked for that, no issue found. One of his super mechanic buddies said check the “jumper” connector in the harness for corrosion. This jumper basically just makes connections within the harness. Sure enough it was corroded. He cleaned the connections and the problem was resolved. Hopefully this can help someone else that might be struggling with a misfire.

KC
a touch of diaelectric grease helps keep that at bay,

they are pretty well sealed theses days,
is the conector in the line of fire from a pressure washer?

Post a reply to: YZ250F Misfire resolved

The Latest