YZ250F 2019 Purchase

2/28/2021 7:29am
GoYamaha wrote:
Yes sir, you are correct. Torque all bolts, loosen one at a time and then seat the bolt all the way down then torque to 11...
Yes sir, you are correct.
Torque all bolts, loosen one at a time and then seat the bolt all the way down then torque to 11. Repeat for the other 3.
Degree all bolts 60 degrees.
Repeat degree all to 60 degrees.
Tighten 2 outer nuts.

Biggest thing to do is use moly grease on first install then when you loosen use moly again before second torque.

Ryan
So I fucked up, as I didn't use Moly. I'll undo and tighten them 1by1 once again and apply it.

In terms of progress, after cleaning the valve heads and seats, got rid of any carbon buildup. The intake valves don't leak anymore.
adam8781
2/28/2021 10:31pm
those look good not even worn through the coating
GoYamaha
3/3/2021 4:53pm
GoYamaha wrote:
Yes sir, you are correct. Torque all bolts, loosen one at a time and then seat the bolt all the way down then torque to 11...
Yes sir, you are correct.
Torque all bolts, loosen one at a time and then seat the bolt all the way down then torque to 11. Repeat for the other 3.
Degree all bolts 60 degrees.
Repeat degree all to 60 degrees.
Tighten 2 outer nuts.

Biggest thing to do is use moly grease on first install then when you loosen use moly again before second torque.

Ryan
So I fucked up, as I didn't use Moly. I'll undo and tighten them 1by1 once again and apply it. In terms of progress, after cleaning...
So I fucked up, as I didn't use Moly. I'll undo and tighten them 1by1 once again and apply it.

In terms of progress, after cleaning the valve heads and seats, got rid of any carbon buildup. The intake valves don't leak anymore.
Yea definitely need the Moly Lube.
Ryan

The Shop

3/6/2021 11:10am
Alright applied Moly to the head bolts one by one, valve spacing still perfectly in spec, so the engine is done.

Finally finished cleaning everything. Greased the swingarm bearings. Now need to exchange the head stem bearings and just waiting for the forks and shock to come back. Getting excited for first ride.

3/13/2021 12:28pm
Back together. Suspension done, inner tubes were loose so good that it was checked. The tuner said this is a common issue with these forks. Until now seems like it was a good buy, just noticed 3 missing parts, front brake hose guide, battery rubber band and exhaust protector.

Tomorrow first ride. Excited, I put the TP and Keefer Free Feeling map on it.

3/14/2021 11:53am
That was so much fun. Thing is on rails, never went in and out of ruts so smoothly and the suspension too is amazing coming of my RM250. Almost felt too easy. Didn't have this much fun in a long time.

Everything seems to be holding up well. I tried 3 handlebar positions, seems like the back holes with the bracket facing forward is the most comfortable for me at 186cm.
3/14/2021 1:10pm
Anyone know if I can get the brackets for the exhaust protector? I can't order them separately. Need to order whole pipe then. Circled in red what I mean.

kb22
3/14/2021 1:39pm
I’m pretty sure those are welded on, probably wouldn’t be to difficult to weld and tap some up. Or keep an eye out for a stock header or aftermarket.
3/14/2021 11:31pm
That would be strange as it's the original header as far as I know. I found this so looks like clamps. I'll check with the delaer.

kb22
3/15/2021 5:27am
My bad my bills has the mounts welded. That’s definitely different than the schematic but that would work perfectly.
3/28/2021 6:16am
I am struggling a bit with foot position. Somehow it's really hard for me to get on the balls of my feet. I am not extremely tall (186cm/6'1ft).

Would a higher bar bend work for me? I think it has stock now. And I read about lowering the pegs, is this just by putting the spring on top instead of under the peg pivot?

adam8781
3/29/2021 2:27pm
the modern yzf has a very small footpeg to seat distance, get a tall seat foam, put the bars in the forward position with the bars rolled back a bit, HUGE difference. anyone over 5,9 needs a tall seat on the yamaha IMO im 5:11 and after 5 minutes on a 21 crf450 i ordered a tall seat, best thing you can do for a new gen yzf
3/31/2021 1:04am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2021 1:05am
adam8781 wrote:
the modern yzf has a very small footpeg to seat distance, get a tall seat foam, put the bars in the forward position with the bars...
the modern yzf has a very small footpeg to seat distance, get a tall seat foam, put the bars in the forward position with the bars rolled back a bit, HUGE difference. anyone over 5,9 needs a tall seat on the yamaha IMO im 5:11 and after 5 minutes on a 21 crf450 i ordered a tall seat, best thing you can do for a new gen yzf
I need to go with the tall seat, but it's not easy to find over here in Europe. I did try all handlebar positions, but when I put them in the forward holes, I am way too much over the front and can't feel comfortable.

The flo pegs look interesting too only read the Keefer review, and he says it only lowers 2mm on the newer yzf.
Lynch
3/31/2021 4:30am
I need to go with the tall seat, but it's not easy to find over here in Europe. I did try all handlebar positions, but when...
I need to go with the tall seat, but it's not easy to find over here in Europe. I did try all handlebar positions, but when I put them in the forward holes, I am way too much over the front and can't feel comfortable.

The flo pegs look interesting too only read the Keefer review, and he says it only lowers 2mm on the newer yzf.
+15mm seat foam works wonders. We are the same height fyi.
3/31/2021 7:45am
I need to go with the tall seat, but it's not easy to find over here in Europe. I did try all handlebar positions, but when...

Lynch wrote:
Besides the seat what's your setup in terms of pegs and handlebar position? Also any idea where to look for a seat in Europe? Thanks
Motofinne
3/31/2021 7:52am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2021 7:54am

Lynch wrote:
Besides the seat what's your setup in terms of pegs and handlebar position? Also any idea where to look for a seat in Europe? Thanks
Blackbird makes +15mm seat foams, so try to find a dealer with Blackbird in their range. It's out of stock on Blackbirds website, but a dealer or distributor somewhere might have them in stock. https://blackbirdracing.com/products/yamaha/yzf-250-19-21/seat/seat-foa…
Lynch
3/31/2021 7:59am
Handlebar position in rear holes with clamps rotated forward, think it's stock position on your bike. I always liked the stock Yamaha pegs so never changed them, ran stock bars but tried both higher/lower and always went back to stock.

As motofinne wrote but any dealer should be able to help you get +15 or +20mm seat foam.
8/14/2021 11:45pm
Still Loving the bike.

Question, I always oil my air filters on both sides. Now someone told me it's not necessary to oil the back side, is this true?
Moto520
8/15/2021 2:52pm
Still Loving the bike. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/08/14/505733/s1200_9D0DD691_0C82_435D_A199_9DE493CCFDEC.jpg[/img] Question, I always oil my air filters on both sides. Now someone told me it's not necessary to oil the back...
Still Loving the bike.

Question, I always oil my air filters on both sides. Now someone told me it's not necessary to oil the back side, is this true?
Oil both sides and squeeze out the excess. You can mentally submerge the pancake filter and squeeze out what you can and you are good to go.. don’t just spray the outside…..get it oiled throughout
Skerby
8/26/2021 8:53am
I'm 6' and dont feel like seat foam is necessary. I tried the lower pegs and didnt like those either. I stand up a lot though, guess seat feels kinda low but you adapt to it. Proper sag is important on these.

Post a reply to: YZ250F 2019 Purchase

The Latest