YZ250 GPI Radiators?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2018 2:27 AM

So my fluidyne radiators i had on my 2010 yz250 are complete junk after 2 years of woods riding. They are completely twisted and welds broken all over. I rarily drop my bike as I hate to tear stuff up and I have not had any bad crashes just minor tip overs on hills and stuff. Anyways spending $400+ on a set of “aftermarket” radiators is a joke now and never happening again.

Looking for new rads while my bike is being rebuilt before this season. My dad has a set of GPI Rads on his bored over 450r and they have done him great over 2 seasons. Thats what brought me to buying ones for my bike.

Has anyone ran these on their yz250 with any issues? Mounting? Restyle kit mounting issues? Cooling issues? Let me know what you have encountered below.

|

4/10/2018 6:14 AM

I installed a set on a 2016 KX250f couple months ago, no leaks, fitment was good.

I bought a 2008 kx250f for my wife and it came with new gpi rads, good fitment, no leaks and it doesnt overheat either.

|

2002 KX125 (SOLD)/2001 KX250 (SOLD)
1999 KX250 (SOLD)
2016 RM-Z250(SOLD)
2018 KTM 150XC-W(current)

4/10/2018 6:21 AM

I’ve used them on a CR125 after I mangled mine in a bad wreck. They fit good, and they are a bit oversized so there are no cooling issues.

Fitment can be hit or miss sometimes. I’ve heard of some having the hose spouts angled incorrectly, but those are a rare case. They are so cheap and they take returns so you can send them back and have another set somewhat quickly.

No reason not to buy them unless you have a burning hatred from buying from China or you can find OEMs cheaper.

I would flush them with vinegar or distilled water before installing incase there is any spatter or debris inside, but that goes for any new radiator.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

4/10/2018 7:36 AM

I had a set and they were complete crap. Finish was shoddy, fit was mediocre.
The pressed-in nuts started spinning immediately. Cracked a couple times
just from normal riding vibration. The guy that welded them for me said the aluminum
was pretty low quaity. Total shit.

Best bang for the buck it to get used OEM and send them to ICW for
straightening/bracing etc.

|

4/10/2018 6:00 PM

I have a set on my '85 CR250. Been racing with them for a few seasons now, no issues. I had to grind out the mounting holes a little, but that's it. I don't worry about them getting banged up. For $80 I can just get a new set. Probably less than sending in ones to get fixed and shipping costs both ways.

|

4/11/2018 6:58 PM

Buy a set. I've bought plenty. Some minor work to get em to fit on some bikes. For $80 I mean its wirth it imo.

|

4/11/2018 7:04 PM

walent215 wrote:

Buy a set. I've bought plenty. Some minor work to get em to fit on some bikes. For $80 I mean its wirth it imo.

Bought them today. I need them to start my bike up once it comes back from the shop so its either buy them or dont ride lol. I still have my broken old rads but im not using them ever again. Keeping them as a dire need backup set since they dont have any leaks only just tweaked real badly.

|

4/11/2018 10:15 PM

Why not send your bent ones to Mylers?

|