YZ125 Jetting help

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2021 9:06 PM

I’m going to be purchasing a brand new YZ125 this weekend, This will be my first 2 stroke I’ve owned and I know very little about jetting it properly. I plan on riding it the day I buy it so I won’t have much time to mess with jetting before I ride. I have easy access to Sunoco 112, 100LL AvGas or premium pump which in my area is kind of suspect. I’d like to run atleast a 50/50 mix of avgas or race gas mixed with pump. Could I run that mixture on the jetting from the showroom floor? I plan on dialing it in properly next week when I have time but I’m hoping to get by this weekend without. I also plan on running 32:1 on oil

|

5/11/2021 12:39 AM

Jetting is determined by temperature and elevation for the most part. I've found yz jetting to be nearly spot on at around sea level and 20-30 degree celcius

|

5/11/2021 7:47 AM

chump6784 wrote:

Jetting is determined by temperature and elevation for the most part. I've found yz jetting to be nearly spot on at around sea ...more

I’m right around 900 ft above sea level

|

5/11/2021 7:50 AM

Stock YZ jetting is pretty good. You should be fine to run a mix of pump and either of those. It will likely be a little on the rich side and a bit spoogy but should be rideable.

|

Powerband in every gear !