Xtrig PHDS Bar Mount + Bar Pad fitment Issues?

Edited Date/Time 8/27/2021 2:47pm

Hey all so just got the PHDS mounts to run on the Rocs clamps. I notice that the bar pad I run (2.0 square) for my Pro Taper Evo’s don’t come close to fitting over the PHDS. I have the fixed clamp system too, they were a stretch but could at least connect the Velcro to secure the Pad to the mount. Has anyone else had these issues with the PHDS clamps and the Pt Pad? If so, know any tips or hacks that you think I might find helpful? Thanks in advance!
|
MKMX
8/26/2021 6:30pm
This is the only frustrating part about the PHDS, you can make a custom pad by carefully cutting pieces out of your old pad until it slides over. I gave up and ran the fuzion bar by pro taper in my preferred bend because it was just easier and looked a lot neater.

If you’re after a dampening bar mount try the Flex-fix system - they work just as well as the PHDS, are lighter and you can run an Evo/contour/fatbar style bar and pad with no problems fitting through pad.
8/26/2021 7:02pm
MKMX wrote:
This is the only frustrating part about the PHDS, you can make a custom pad by carefully cutting pieces out of your old pad until it...
This is the only frustrating part about the PHDS, you can make a custom pad by carefully cutting pieces out of your old pad until it slides over. I gave up and ran the fuzion bar by pro taper in my preferred bend because it was just easier and looked a lot neater.

If you’re after a dampening bar mount try the Flex-fix system - they work just as well as the PHDS, are lighter and you can run an Evo/contour/fatbar style bar and pad with no problems fitting through pad.
God, I was hoping someone wouldn’t make me realize my fears of this being a huge pain in the ass justifiable haha. I appreciate the detailed response man, your passion comes from a place of pain. I will try the bar pad mod thing first, I have fusion n twin wall etc but the windham evo bend just isn’t the same in the fusion. Their dimensions confirm it. i don’t even prefer the flat bar lool, but love the flex characteristic of them— thanks again though!
crc245
8/26/2021 7:33pm
Currently running Renthal Fatbar foam with PT covers; still a tight squeeze, but much more clicker/bleed access and less headaches justify it!
Bruce372
8/26/2021 8:37pm
Yes, I had this problem. Same clamps, same bar pad.

I used a 1 inch sanding wheel and just relieved rhe inside of thr pad foam and it worked great.

The Shop

8/26/2021 8:45pm
crc245 wrote:
Currently running Renthal Fatbar foam with PT covers; still a tight squeeze, but much more clicker/bleed access and less headaches justify it!
Ahh nice, I have some renthal from the stock bars— will give that a try until I can explore the other avenues— thanks man!
8/26/2021 8:48pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Yes, I had this problem. Same clamps, same bar pad. I used a 1 inch sanding wheel and just relieved rhe inside of thr pad foam...
Yes, I had this problem. Same clamps, same bar pad.

I used a 1 inch sanding wheel and just relieved rhe inside of thr pad foam and it worked great.
I had thought about trying to remove material via friction or with a small dremel cutting disc— now I have 2 sound approaches, think I’m gonna give that a try. Thanks for the insight!
Mike 13
Fantasy
314th
8/27/2021 2:47pm
MKMX wrote:
This is the only frustrating part about the PHDS, you can make a custom pad by carefully cutting pieces out of your old pad until it...

MKMX
8/27/2021 5:08pm
MKMX wrote:

Mike 13 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/08/27/507786/s1200_F5577388_A103_4230_8063_76F2B18C2582.jpg[/img]

That’s the ticket!
Yeti831
8/27/2021 5:31pm
Honestly, I just stuff and squeeze but I’m running Renthal.
8/27/2021 8:56pm
MKMX wrote:

Mike 13 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/08/27/507786/s1200_F5577388_A103_4230_8063_76F2B18C2582.jpg[/img]

MKMX wrote:
That’s the ticket!
Haha Niice, my dimensions might need a little. Cleaning up but I made it work. Gonna try measuring to see if I am close to those dimensions n if not I’ll touch em up with the Dremel— thanks for sharing!

Post a reply to: Xtrig PHDS Bar Mount + Bar Pad fitment Issues?

The Latest