XTrig Clamp Honda CRF250R

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2021 5:53 AM

I've got a '21 CRF250R and I'm curious if anyone has tried the Xtrig clamp on this bike or the '20 model. Thinking about buying one but wanted to get some feedback from any of you guys that have had some experience with the clamp on this bike.

|

2/15/2021 6:31 PM

Go for it! Love them on my 450

|

2/16/2021 4:20 AM

MX682 wrote:

Hmmmm, not sure I trust the advice from someone using that stand.

|

2/17/2021 5:48 AM

MX682 wrote:

hollifield wrote:

What are you looking to achieve with the triple clamps? More flex, more comfort on the front end? I was exploring options for clamps for my 2020 crf250r and tried the handlebar route first. I tried a set of fatbar 36's and that alleviated the extra rigidity on the front end that I was looking for.

While looking into options and a couple of conversations I've had it seems the consensus was for more flex / less rigid feel that 17+ 450r benefited most with the split clamp design of the Xtrig, or the newer Ride Engineering clamps more so than the 250. I haven't rode on a set of aftermarket clamps on either so I can't speak for myself.

Just wanted to share some of the input I've received so far, and what I did to get what I was looking for in terms of feel.

|

2/18/2021 10:28 AM

Go for it. Xtrig's are built exceptionally well and the 22-24mm offset option is worth it.

22-24 ROCS are a great addition to the 17'-20' CRF450 and 18'-21' CRF250's; especially for faster tracks where the 24mm offset helps immensely (California references as-in Glen Helen, Cahuilla, Pala/Fox Raceway). Also, assuming you've greased all the major pivots, lowering the recommended torque specs 10-15% helps as well on the engine mounts/hangers/swingarm pivot.

|

2/18/2021 3:07 PM

MX682 wrote:

hollifield wrote:

afk66 wrote:

What are you looking to achieve with the triple clamps? More flex, more comfort on the front end? I was exploring options for clamps for my 2020 crf250r and tried the handlebar route first. I tried a set of fatbar 36's and that alleviated the extra rigidity on the front end that I was looking for.

While looking into options and a couple of conversations I've had it seems the consensus was for more flex / less rigid feel that 17+ 450r benefited most with the split clamp design of the Xtrig, or the newer Ride Engineering clamps more so than the 250. I haven't rode on a set of aftermarket clamps on either so I can't speak for myself.

Just wanted to share some of the input I've received so far, and what I did to get what I was looking for in terms of feel.

Yes, looking to reduce the rigidity. Good thought on the handlebars. I've heard that before but good to hear that does actually make a difference and for a lot less cash. Might give that a go first.

|

2/18/2021 3:10 PM

crc245 wrote:

Go for it. Xtrig's are built exceptionally well and the 22-24mm offset option is worth it.

22-24 ROCS are a great addition to the 17'-20' CRF450 and 18'-21' CRF250's; especially for faster tracks where the 24mm offset helps immensely (California references as-in Glen Helen, Cahuilla, Pala/Fox Raceway). Also, assuming you've greased all the major pivots, lowering the recommended torque specs 10-15% helps as well on the engine mounts/hangers/swingarm pivot.

I'm running stock torque specs at this point. Good idea to reduce the torque settings on those points. Makes me wonder if engine hangers would be worth it or not? Thoughts?

|

2/18/2021 3:38 PM

hollifield wrote:

afk66 wrote:

hollifield wrote:

Yes, looking to reduce the rigidity. Good thought on the handlebars. I've heard that before but good to hear that does actually make a difference and for a lot less cash. Might give that a go first.

The protaper evo bars for the money are really good for flex. I wanted to try the fatbar 36s and ended up liking them so that’s what I’ve been using.

|

2/18/2021 9:42 PM

hollifield wrote:

I'm running stock torque specs at this point. Good idea to reduce the torque settings on those points. Makes me wonder if engine hangers would be worth it or not? Thoughts?

I'd try lower torque settings first before spending money on the engine hangers. Some also drill 4 or 5mm holes in the uppers, in addition to the lower torque specs. If that's a good direction, Works Chassis Lab (WCL) mounts may be your final setting. Personally, I've only tried the WCL mounts on the 450's, so others may have some better insight on the 250F, but think they're well-built and worth the price of admission.

|

2/19/2021 1:02 AM

I second the above post a set of pro taper evos are the best bang for your buck if your looking for added comfort. I haven’t ridden the 250f but I’ve had the 17, 19 and now 20 crf450r I run xtrig rocs with 24mm offset and love them however they shine when the front end is under load through rough ruts or deep turns not really a comfort part if that makes sense.

|

2/19/2021 10:38 AM

Try you own mods to your engine hangers first to see if you like the changes. It will get you close to what WCL has to offer. I got WCL mounts front and top for my 19 CRF250R. The tops are what you want to reduce the rigid feel. Along with a slightly lighter torque spec, really chattery, tight, fast braking chop bothered me less. The front mounts really mostly effect the front end feel, and by that I mean what the front tire is doing. You can feel it start to slip or wash before it happens. I find it most useful on harder slick tracks where you want to feel whats happening.

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F