XTRIG ROCS Performance Benefits - Please Describe Your Personal Experience!

Rider 5280
Like an idiot, I sold the XTRIG ROCS clamps that came with a later-model YZ250F I purchased. And I had never ridden with them.

While I do really, really like the Neken SFS clamps I put on, I have always wondered "what's so special about the XTRIG ROCS clamps anyway?!"

So … let's hear your XTRIG ROCS performance-related experiences!

|
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
12/5/2020 10:27am
The Xtrig clamps are basically machined copies of stock clamps (see https://luxonmx.com/technology.html), with two main changes:

1) They split the clamps, which reduces bushing binding in the forks. See https://luxonmx.com/blog-luxon-split-triple-clamps-flex-advantage.html for more info about that.

2) The PHDS bar mounts have a different rubber mounting system. Some people really like them. We stuck a datalogger on the bike and logged shock and vibration and found them to be only slightly better than the stock KTM rubber mount design we were comparing it to. It wasn't enough of a benefit to justify their added weight (nearly a full pound!).

Your Neken SFS clamps will have a better feel at the bars due to the SFS system, but the Xtrig will be a touch better due to the split clamps as far as suspension plushness. It's not a massive difference, though.
28hall
12/7/2020 11:57am
I put a set on my crf450r mainly for an offset change but am really impressed with the clamps. I can’t speak for added comfort as I run the solid bar mounts however straight line they’re not worse than stock but the biggest performance gain was when the front end is under load so either a choppy rut or tight sand turn etc any time you really need to push the the front there is no wiggle or negative feedback the forks absorb the bumps and it tracks as easy as going through the turn slowly

Post a reply to: XTRIG ROCS Performance Benefits - Please Describe Your Personal Experience!

The Latest