Wp aer48 to kyb

Can anyone walk me through this conversion? I know technical touch makes a kit, but I know it's possible to do with some machining work. I have a set of 2007 yz450f forks for the donor.
|
ben5020
11/4/2018 9:34am
I believe there is a set of kyb billet lugs for sale here on vital that are needed for this conversion
11/4/2018 11:15am
ben5020 wrote:
I believe there is a set of kyb billet lugs for sale here on vital that are needed for this conversion
Crap I couldn't find them!
11/5/2018 9:27pm
I have the kyb inserts in my wp forks. I also went from AER 48 to the kyb spring inserts.

Best money I’ve ever spent on any bike. The kyb inserts are absolutely fantastic and don’t give you any nasty surprises like I got with the air.

I had mint done by Technical Touch in Belgium who did a brilliant job and quick turn around.

Also technical touches customer service is brilliant

The Shop

ben5020
11/6/2018 3:23am
Technical touch in the states is just about useless when it comes to setting up ones suspension. I bought a new kyb a kit rear shock and they didn’t even have it filled with oil/nitrogen, the only way to find that out is after you already install the damn thing and notice it’s springy as hell. 2700.00 and I get a shock that’s useless...
slipdog
11/6/2018 5:55am
ben5020 wrote:
Technical touch in the states is just about useless when it comes to setting up ones suspension. I bought a new kyb a kit rear shock...
Technical touch in the states is just about useless when it comes to setting up ones suspension. I bought a new kyb a kit rear shock and they didn’t even have it filled with oil/nitrogen, the only way to find that out is after you already install the damn thing and notice it’s springy as hell. 2700.00 and I get a shock that’s useless...
Wahhhhh???

What was their response when to contacted them about it? I would think it would have been built in Belgium and just shipped from TT USA.
ben5020
11/6/2018 5:57am
ben5020 wrote:
Technical touch in the states is just about useless when it comes to setting up ones suspension. I bought a new kyb a kit rear shock...
slipdog wrote:
Wahhhhh??? What was their response when to contacted them about it? I would think it would have been built in Belgium and just shipped from TT...
Wahhhhh???

What was their response when to contacted them about it? I would think it would have been built in Belgium and just shipped from TT USA.
They pretty much told me they are a distributor and to have it built to spec it would have to be done in Belgium... total bs
slipdog
11/6/2018 6:04am
ben5020 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Wahhhhh??? What was their response when to contacted them about it? I would think it would have been built in Belgium and just shipped from TT...
Wahhhhh???

ben5020 wrote:
They pretty much told me they are a distributor and to have it built to spec it would have to be done in Belgium... total bs
Did they say that was normal to be assembled dry or was it a mistake from Belgium? If that is the way they sell them I don't see why they would even assemble it instead of package it in pieces. I would be a bit upset about it as well, makes no sense...
ben5020
11/6/2018 6:38am
slipdog wrote:
Wahhhhh???

ben5020 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Did they say that was normal to be assembled dry or was it a mistake from Belgium? If that is the way they sell them I...
Did they say that was normal to be assembled dry or was it a mistake from Belgium? If that is the way they sell them I don't see why they would even assemble it instead of package it in pieces. I would be a bit upset about it as well, makes no sense...
I figured it would have needed to be sprung for my weight but planned on testing it Saturday practice so Friday night in my toyhauler I do the swap, get up Saturday am and there’s no compression, I was furious. I’ve purchased about 10k worth of shit from them and they won’t even give me a break on a new set of triples that I need because mine got tweaked. Great products just crap customer service in my eyes.
11/6/2018 11:01am
ben5020 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Did they say that was normal to be assembled dry or was it a mistake from Belgium? If that is the way they sell them I...
ben5020 wrote:
I figured it would have needed to be sprung for my weight but planned on testing it Saturday practice so Friday night in my toyhauler I...
I figured it would have needed to be sprung for my weight but planned on testing it Saturday practice so Friday night in my toyhauler I do the swap, get up Saturday am and there’s no compression, I was furious. I’ve purchased about 10k worth of shit from them and they won’t even give me a break on a new set of triples that I need because mine got tweaked. Great products just crap customer service in my eyes.
Crazy that you have had all these problems.

I can honestly say the service from technical touch in Belgium has been absolutely brilliant. Diego has always helped me out when ever needed.
11/6/2018 12:59pm
Does anyone know if the 4cs lugs will work on the aer48? I can get them really cheap, and I know it's easier to convert.
11/6/2018 3:29pm
Does anyone know if the 4cs lugs will work on the aer48? I can get them really cheap, and I know it's easier to convert.
blaze 57
11/6/2018 7:05pm
I have the kyb inserts in my wp forks. I also went from AER 48 to the kyb spring inserts. Best money I’ve ever spent on...
I have the kyb inserts in my wp forks. I also went from AER 48 to the kyb spring inserts.

Best money I’ve ever spent on any bike. The kyb inserts are absolutely fantastic and don’t give you any nasty surprises like I got with the air.

I had mint done by Technical Touch in Belgium who did a brilliant job and quick turn around.

Craig, are you in the USA? If so how long was your turn-around time from here to Belgium? Can I just order their KYB kit and have my suspension guy do the installation and revalve? Or does their kit come set-up for you? How does that work? Thanks?
11/6/2018 9:18pm
I have the kyb inserts in my wp forks. I also went from AER 48 to the kyb spring inserts. Best money I’ve ever spent on...

blaze 57 wrote:
Craig, are you in the USA? If so how long was your turn-around time from here to Belgium? Can I just order their KYB kit and...
Craig, are you in the USA? If so how long was your turn-around time from here to Belgium? Can I just order their KYB kit and have my suspension guy do the installation and revalve? Or does their kit come set-up for you? How does that work? Thanks?
I’m in the United Kingdom. Obviously for me it was a very fast turnaround. If you were to send the forks to Belgium I’d dread to think of the postage costs.

You can just buy the kit tho and have who ever you like install them. Each kit comes with its own code on the lugs (I think) that way Technical Touch can always look up what you bought etc
blaze 57
11/7/2018 9:41am

blaze 57 wrote:
Craig, are you in the USA? If so how long was your turn-around time from here to Belgium? Can I just order their KYB kit and...
I’m in the United Kingdom. Obviously for me it was a very fast turnaround. If you were to send the forks to Belgium I’d dread to...
I’m in the United Kingdom. Obviously for me it was a very fast turnaround. If you were to send the forks to Belgium I’d dread to think of the postage costs.

You can just buy the kit tho and have who ever you like install them. Each kit comes with its own code on the lugs (I think) that way Technical Touch can always look up what you bought etc
Thanks, Sounds like I should just order the kit and have them installed here. Yeah postage would be hundreds of dollars. Its $70.00 just to send my forks and shock one state away.
YZed250
11/8/2018 8:30am
I've talked to all of these guys at about inserting KYB carts to my WP CC legs:
Cory at Protune.
The Ride Shop (TBT Arizona) is another.
TBT Corona, too.
They know which lugs/parts you need.
mx317
11/8/2018 9:14am
Enzo does this also. Craig at Enzo said he often steers people toward their spring conversion instead. He says it works just as well and is cheaper.
4/26/2020 7:47pm

What is the weight difference between the aer vs kyb conversion?

Is it noticable on the track?
Hammer 663s
4/27/2020 6:36pm
What is the weight difference between the aer vs kyb conversion?

Is it noticable on the track?
A lot has changed since this thread was started. You want a light spring conversion, look at the MX Tech Lucky carbon system. Guaranteed lighter than the KYB kit, and less money too.

Hammer
408Jeepster
4/28/2020 3:07pm
mx317 wrote:
Enzo does this also. Craig at Enzo said he often steers people toward their spring conversion instead. He says it works just as well and is...
Enzo does this also. Craig at Enzo said he often steers people toward their spring conversion instead. He says it works just as well and is cheaper.
I know I’m quoting from two years ago, but I can absolutely vouch for Craig Decker at Enzo and their KYB conversion with technical touch lugs. It’s an incredible upgrade from revalved AER’s. They have been doing it for a while and have great settings.
5/3/2020 6:46pm
Craig can make anything work good. He is a perfectionist. I always argue with him to try to compromise something, and I always end up back here he originally had it because it was ME. The dude helped develop that Kawi and was James Stewart’s test rider, he knows his stuff.
Vega
5/12/2020 5:39am
Kayaba makes SSS cartridges specifically to WP or all kyb sss fit to wp? I interested that wp and kyb sss cartridge fork tube threads size are same?
mwssquad827
5/13/2020 6:37pm
Vega wrote:
Kayaba makes SSS cartridges specifically to WP or all kyb sss fit to wp? I interested that wp and kyb sss cartridge fork tube threads size...
Kayaba makes SSS cartridges specifically to WP or all kyb sss fit to wp? I interested that wp and kyb sss cartridge fork tube threads size are same?
The top threads are the same.. the lug opening where the rebound clicker threads in is the only thing that is different.. I had some kyb from a kawi 450 and swapped everything over and it works perfectly except you have to machine the lugs to accept the rebound adjuster... the Enzo conversion kit comes with billet lugs (super nice, I had a buddy go this direction)..

Post a reply to: Wp aer48 to kyb

The Latest