Wiseco racer elite piston

Related:
Create New Tag

9/30/2018 9:27 AM

How many of you have used one? I just ordered one for my rm125 and am pretty excited to check it out. Pros? Cons?

|

9/30/2018 9:34 AM

Used one in a yz250. It worked? I didnt notice any benefits

|

9/30/2018 9:39 AM

Did you weigh them by chance? How did it look when you rebuilt it again?

|

10/1/2018 10:07 AM

We ran them for years in YZ105 supermini and our CR144 uses them. Very good quality and lasted a long time. I have pistons from both pulled at 20-30 hours that looked barely used............both bikes ridden hard also.....

|

10/1/2018 10:28 AM

Tracktor wrote:

We ran them for years in YZ105 supermini and our CR144 uses them. Very good quality and lasted a long time. I have pistons from both pulled at 20-30 hours that looked barely used............both bikes ridden hard also.....

How long have the Racer Elite Pistons been available? I thought they had only been out a year or 2 but maybe I'm wrong. I have used the racers choice pistons for years but not the elite. I'm concerned with the fit because they don't make an A,B,C size. It's one size fits all according to wiseco.

|

10/1/2018 1:47 PM

Is it a 1 ring piston?

|

10/1/2018 2:21 PM

sandman768 wrote:

Is it a 1 ring piston?

It's for an rm125 so I would think it would be a single ring. But I haven't recieved it yet.

|

10/1/2018 4:17 PM

sandman768 wrote:

Is it a 1 ring piston?

JWACK wrote:

It's for an rm125 so I would think it would be a single ring. But I haven't recieved it yet.

Got one in my 06 RM250 it maybe has 15-20hrs. No problems. It is single ring as well.

|

10/2/2018 9:06 PM

They have been around at least 15 years. Look around, and you can download an old Wiseco catalog with them in it.

I have one for my KX250, but never got around to putting it in. Check to see if they offer the TiN ring for that piston.

|

10/2/2018 10:13 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

They have been around at least 15 years. Look around, and you can download an old Wiseco catalog with them in it.

I have one for my KX250, but never got around to putting it in. Check to see if they offer the TiN ring for that piston.

Very Interesting. The wiseco site says they were just released in 2017. I also don't remember seeing these in the parts catalogs all the years I spent working in motorcycle shops. Not saying your wrong, maybe they were around. But these are most definitely a little diffrent than what they have offered in the past according to wiseco.
Maybe it's smoke and mirrors with new advertising. It should be here tomorrow. I'll get the hands on experience here pretty quick!

|

10/3/2018 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/3/2018 7:31 AM

Racers edge has been out for a while but the elite pistons have not. I think the only difference is the coating on the top of the piston. The elite comes with a TINI coated ring and the sides and top of piston have coating pretty sure.

Pros - extended life and better heat dissipation.
Cons - The ring itself is like $50 if you were to just re-ring it.

|

10/3/2018 2:06 PM

Save money and buff your piston crown to a mirror finish

|

10/4/2018 8:12 PM

My bad. You said Racer Elite. I was thinking Racer's Choice.

http://www.suimportracing.com/images/wisecocatalog.pdf

|

10/5/2018 3:55 AM

Jrewing wrote:

Oh well

|

10/5/2018 5:33 AM

Looks like these pistons with the TiN rings are being discontinued. From thumpertalk.

Photo

|

10/5/2018 3:37 PM

Jrewing wrote:

Jrewing wrote:

Oh well

While I’m at it. Cast are better for all out performance, forged for longetivity.

|

10/5/2018 4:21 PM

Jrewing wrote:

While I’m at it. Cast are better for all out performance, forged for longetivity.

https://www.google.com/amp/blog.wiseco.com/one-size-fits-all-wiseco-racer-elite-2-stroke-pistons%3fhs_amp=true

Here is some info on the product. I just got it and it's pretty bad ass. Glad they are still investing in 2-strokes. The armor plating they put on it is extremely slick to the touch. I'll take some pics and a review of it when I put it together. I'm on the bench right now with a broken pelvis so it will be a few weeks.

|

10/5/2018 5:46 PM

Jrewing wrote:

Oh well

Jrewing wrote:

JWACK wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/blog.wiseco.com/one-size-fits-all-wiseco-racer-elite-2-stroke-pistons%3fhs_amp=true

Here is some info on the product. I just got it and it's pretty bad ass. Glad they are still investing in 2-strokes. The armor plating they put on it is extremely slick to the touch. I'll take some pics and a review of it when I put it together. I'm on the bench right now with a broken pelvis so it will be a few weeks.

How did it weigh verse your stock piston?

|

10/5/2018 6:09 PM

Jrewing wrote:

Not sure yet. I'm not able to get out to my shop and wrench for a few weeks. It feels heavy in the hand but I'll weigh them both to compare.

|

12/29/2018 6:51 PM

JWACK wrote:

Jrewing wrote:

JWACK wrote:

Not sure yet. I'm not able to get out to my shop and wrench for a few weeks. It feels heavy in the hand but I'll weigh them both to compare.

Been able to run it yet? I’m shopping for options. I’m goin to go back with another Wiseco (I know cast will make more power but i feel safer goin with what I have experience with and that’s forged). Just curious on if theres any noticeable difference and how your experience with it has been.

|

12/29/2018 8:50 PM

I think if I remember right, the elite has a thicker skirt coating that essentially scuffs in and covers various bore sizes, they discontinued the tin ring, I have had excellent results with the tin ring, last one I replaced had 50 hard hrs on it and looked and measured as new, last time I did buy a few standard rings and sent them out to be tin coated, think I had $34 into a single ring.

|

12/29/2018 10:25 PM

Jrewing wrote:

Oh well

Jrewing wrote:

JWACK wrote:

The self sizing coating they has or one that is similar been around for many years and has been used on 2 strokes..

"ArmorFit–a proprietary skirt coating that allows the piston to self-adjust to the cylinder.'

|

12/30/2018 8:59 PM

I just tore my 13 YZ250 down tonight. 65 hours on the piston and it looks new honestly. The coating is still on the skirt. The TiNi on the ring is still prevelanf as the ring looks gold. It is a single ring piston.

|

10/23/2019 12:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2019 12:57 AM

Has anyone tried this piston(or any other hi comp piston) in their 19-20 YZ250F?

|