Wiring 04 CR 125

Chance1216
Edited Date/Time 2/8/2020 1:33am
I tore my sons 125 apart a few days ago. The wiring on it was a mess. After cleaning everything up, I figured I’d route all the wires the way they are supposed to be.
The black sleeving that protects the wires was covered in electrical tape. I noticed this when we bought it. I just figured the previous owner didn’t know how to route the wiring so to clean it up in their eyes, they used electrical tape. After taking all the electrical tape off this evening I came across what looks like some bs used for wiring in a residential application or on a car. I provided a few pics so you can see what I’m trying to explain. I know this isn’t oem whatever they did. My question is, to replace the sleeving what would you guys use. I’m hoping I don’t have to wrap everything as the previous owner had done. However, I don’t see a right way to protect the wiring without a ton of tape. Help, direction, would be appreciated.
Damien

|
2/7/2020 8:14pm
Here are some pictures of my 07 cr125. Mine has the same identical plastic sleeve with electric tape wrapped around the wires. Not sure how yours looked before you took it off but the pics here are stock from the factory. I never unwrapped the wires. Hope this helps!

Chance1216
2/8/2020 1:32am
Here are some pictures of my 07 cr125. Mine has the same identical plastic sleeve with electric tape wrapped around the wires. Not sure how yours...
Here are some pictures of my 07 cr125. Mine has the same identical plastic sleeve with electric tape wrapped around the wires. Not sure how yours looked before you took it off but the pics here are stock from the factory. I never unwrapped the wires. Hope this helps!

Yes it’s a big help. Thanks for the pics. It’s a lot different then my 01 CR 250. On it, the shielding is solid instead of wrapped with tape. The tape on my kids 04 wasn’t as clean as yours and I could tell it wasn’t wrapped at the factory. The tape was very loose and not wound tight at all. I just want it done right for my sons sake. Once again, thank you.

Post a reply to: Wiring 04 CR 125

The Latest