Wich pipe and silencer?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/5/2017 7:19 AM

Wich pipe do you guys preper to use on your two strokes? I am aiming for FMF or Pro Circuit but more than i need hp power i want to tame it probably get more strenght on the lower part of the powerband.

Any suggestions for combo?

There is plenty of good exhaust companies out there from both sides of the continent.

Photo

|

9/5/2017 9:09 AM

What bike

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

9/5/2017 9:15 AM

BobPA wrote:

What bike

KTM sx 125 16

|

9/5/2017 9:55 AM

The FMF with the Shorty gave me the most low end. You can also adjust your power valve to gain more snap lower. Its the square bolt on the right side case. The less tension the more low end you have, but lose top end. I've found between 1.5-1.75 in from all the way out is a money spot for my liking.

|

9/5/2017 1:33 PM

For performance? Full HGS

For looks? Scalvini (They perform pretty good too)
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

KX125

9/5/2017 2:25 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

The FMF with the Shorty gave me the most low end. You can also adjust your power valve to gain more snap lower. Its the square bolt on the right side case. The less tension the more low end you have, but lose top end. I've found between 1.5-1.75 in from all the way out is a money spot for my liking.

That was a really good tip will try that out! Basically in the beginner brackt again and dont rev as much or should i say i am not on the pipe yet and was searching for more low end. Thanks mate

|

9/5/2017 2:26 PM

HenryA wrote:

For performance? Full HGS

For looks? Scalvini (They perform pretty good too)
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Scalvini was neat but how does it performe?

|

9/5/2017 4:28 PM

X2 Fmf with shorty silencer

|

9/5/2017 7:13 PM

HGS all the way,simply the best.

http://www.f1moto.com.au/?rf=kw&kw=ktm+125+hgs

|

"Performance Matters"

9/6/2017 11:42 AM

FMF on my RM125, runs like a champ. I ran Pro Circuit in the past on another RM125, and feel as though it couldn't compete. Also, the mount snapped at the welds on the silencer at around 45 hours, for what it's worth.

|

9/13/2017 8:06 AM

Joyner41 wrote:

FMF on my RM125, runs like a champ. I ran Pro Circuit in the past on another RM125, and feel as though it couldn't compete. Also, the mount snapped at the welds on the silencer at around 45 hours, for what it's worth.

Sounds sweet mate. Wich PC silencer did you use? Platinum or works? I´ve always been a fan of Mitch but i know FMF have been working with KTM for a long time so i am leading towards Emlers stuff.

|

9/13/2017 8:46 AM

Depends on the bike. Ive always ran pc on my kx 2 strokes. The yz250 i built i used a dep header and a pc silencer.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

9/13/2017 8:55 AM

Joyner41 wrote:

mikebrownsound wrote:

Sounds sweet mate. Wich PC silencer did you use? Platinum or works? I´ve always been a fan of Mitch but i know FMF have been working with KTM for a long time so i am leading towards Emlers stuff.

If I'm not mistaken (this was 7 years ago) it was the 296 sparky that snapped. Too much weight for the single mount.

Honestly, I'm debating my current setup and going for the Bill's MX2 Carbon and raw expansion chamber. Heard too many good reviews on performance.

|

9/13/2017 10:52 AM

HGS.

|

9/13/2017 8:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2017 8:20 PM

Joyner41 wrote:

mikebrownsound wrote:

Joyner41 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken (this was 7 years ago) it was the 296 sparky that snapped. Too much weight for the single mount.

Honestly, I'm debating my current setup and going for the Bill's MX2 Carbon and raw expansion chamber. Heard too many good reviews on performance.

Bills Pipes? Suzuki RM125? Sounds like a perfect match cool Photo

Regarding your 125SX, I've heard that the OE pipe is actually pretty solid and you can just add a shorty silencer to pick it up a bit...Worth looking into that and the PV adjustment if you're willing to test a few different settings

|

9/13/2017 8:55 PM

Run stock. Use the money you were going to use for the pipe/silencer combo by practicing and riding more. You will be a better rider for it.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

9/14/2017 4:45 AM

HGS is the right choice for KTM

|

9/14/2017 1:09 PM

HGS is the only pipe I have ever put on a bike that actually increased power across the board. Everything else has robbed from one spot to add a bit to another. On that note, I run stock whenever possible. They fit the best and power is typically broad.

|

9/14/2017 2:46 PM

HGS (Bud Racing) on my 250sx and it's sweeeet. A nice side note is that the construction is solid, where as you look at the stock pipe wrong and it gets dings in it.

|