White Gunk & Condensation on Carburetor Throttle Valve (04 RM125)

Edited Date/Time 12/8/2019 7:02pm
2004 RM125 has been running rich and choppy from 1/8-1/2 throttle, haven't had this issue before.

(Bike was running primo last season haven't ridden much during the summer months but have started up the bike every month or so and ripped around briefly.)

Cleaned out the carb, checked the reeds, drained tank and put in fresh gas 36:1 chevron premium, still no change.

Dropped the needle one clip, ran a bit better on the street in front of the house. .

Rode yesterday at the local sand track. On/off misty rain/puddles. Bike ran okay but still felt rich and choppy from 1/8-1/2 throttle.

Washed/dried the bike, let it sit overnight.

Next day - Check the spark plug. Still wet/black, very rich. Trying to make the bike run leaner.

I run the bike up and down the street messing with the air screw but nothing changing.

Still horrible chop and cutting from 1/8-1/2 throttle.

Open up the top of the carb to drop the needle another clip to see if that helps, and noticed this white gunk and condensation on the throttle cable.

Checked my air filter, everything looked good there and no containments going through.

Drained my oil, no signs of water in there.

Could this be from left over carb cleaner?

Ideas what could be the cause?

What else should I check/troubleshoot?

Any help appreciated!

|

Post a reply to: White Gunk & Condensation on Carburetor Throttle Valve (04 RM125)

The Latest