Where to get a Vertex "D" piston

lucas51
1/5/2018 8:45am
So I am putting back together my 06 RM250 and I would like to get a D piston for it. Problem is I have looked and talked with a few places and they say all they stock are "A" pistons and can't get or drop ship me one from the manufacturer. Anyone have a suggestion of where to look?
|
Acidreamer
1/5/2018 9:05am
I looked on vertex’s site and wisecos site and they both seem to only carry 1 size. Try looking on ebay.

Maybe get the cylinder done at millennium for the A size?
lucas51
1/5/2018 9:17am
Acidreamer wrote:
I looked on vertex’s site and wisecos site and they both seem to only carry 1 size. Try looking on ebay. Maybe get the cylinder done...
I looked on vertex’s site and wisecos site and they both seem to only carry 1 size. Try looking on ebay.

The cylinder is in good shape and compression is good. Also the cylinder still has a nice cross-hatch. The piston that is in there just has some scratches on the intake side that have not messed up the cylinder.....yet. So I was just wanting a replacement and I am sure the D piston would be what I need since the bike is so old. I know the difference is slight but I'd rather have the bigger piston. The new Racer's Elite piston from Wiseco says its skirt design eliminates the need for oversizing. Anyone have any experience with these?
2stmark
1/5/2018 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 4:25am
lucas51 wrote:
So I am putting back together my 06 RM250 and I would like to get a D piston for it. Problem is I have looked and...
So I am putting back together my 06 RM250 and I would like to get a D piston for it. Problem is I have looked and talked with a few places and they say all they stock are "A" pistons and can't get or drop ship me one from the manufacturer. Anyone have a suggestion of where to look?
Try contacting Line to Line Coatings in White Lake , Mi. They have a trick piston abradable powder coat that will fit your piston to the cylinder for 35.00 Good stuff 248-625-3052
bf884
1/6/2018 8:06am
Acidreamer wrote:
I looked on vertex’s site and wisecos site and they both seem to only carry 1 size. Try looking on ebay. Maybe get the cylinder done...

lucas51 wrote:
The cylinder is in good shape and compression is good. Also the cylinder still has a nice cross-hatch. The piston that is in there just has...
The cylinder is in good shape and compression is good. Also the cylinder still has a nice cross-hatch. The piston that is in there just has some scratches on the intake side that have not messed up the cylinder.....yet. So I was just wanting a replacement and I am sure the D piston would be what I need since the bike is so old. I know the difference is slight but I'd rather have the bigger piston. The new Racer's Elite piston from Wiseco says its skirt design eliminates the need for oversizing. Anyone have any experience with these?
You might give that a go. I think the coating on the piston is what adjusts to the cylinder and accommodates a-d.

The Shop

RCF
1/6/2018 2:44pm
Why not go with the original Pro-X piston they're available in D
lucas51
1/6/2018 4:16pm
RCF wrote:
Why not go with the original Pro-X piston they're available in D
I may do that.

Post a reply to: Where to get a Vertex "D" piston

The Latest