Where to get a Vertex "D" piston

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2018 8:45 AM

So I am putting back together my 06 RM250 and I would like to get a D piston for it. Problem is I have looked and talked with a few places and they say all they stock are "A" pistons and can't get or drop ship me one from the manufacturer. Anyone have a suggestion of where to look?

|

1/5/2018 9:05 AM

I looked on vertex’s site and wisecos site and they both seem to only carry 1 size. Try looking on ebay.

Maybe get the cylinder done at millennium for the A size?

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/5/2018 9:17 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

I looked on vertex’s site and wisecos site and they both seem to only carry 1 size. Try looking on ebay.

Maybe get the cylinder done at millennium for the A size?

The cylinder is in good shape and compression is good. Also the cylinder still has a nice cross-hatch. The piston that is in there just has some scratches on the intake side that have not messed up the cylinder.....yet. So I was just wanting a replacement and I am sure the D piston would be what I need since the bike is so old. I know the difference is slight but I'd rather have the bigger piston. The new Racer's Elite piston from Wiseco says its skirt design eliminates the need for oversizing. Anyone have any experience with these?

|

1/5/2018 8:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2018 4:25 AM

lucas51 wrote:

So I am putting back together my 06 RM250 and I would like to get a D piston for it. Problem is I have looked and talked with a few places and they say all they stock are "A" pistons and can't get or drop ship me one from the manufacturer. Anyone have a suggestion of where to look?

Try contacting Line to Line Coatings in White Lake , Mi. They have a trick piston abradable powder coat that will fit your piston to the cylinder for 35.00 Good stuff 248-625-3052

|

1/6/2018 8:06 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

I looked on vertex’s site and wisecos site and they both seem to only carry 1 size. Try looking on ebay.

Maybe get the cylinder done at millennium for the A size?

lucas51 wrote:

The cylinder is in good shape and compression is good. Also the cylinder still has a nice cross-hatch. The piston that is in there just has some scratches on the intake side that have not messed up the cylinder.....yet. So I was just wanting a replacement and I am sure the D piston would be what I need since the bike is so old. I know the difference is slight but I'd rather have the bigger piston. The new Racer's Elite piston from Wiseco says its skirt design eliminates the need for oversizing. Anyone have any experience with these?

You might give that a go. I think the coating on the piston is what adjusts to the cylinder and accommodates a-d.

|

1/6/2018 2:44 PM

Why not go with the original Pro-X piston they're available in D

|

1/6/2018 4:16 PM

RCF wrote:

Why not go with the original Pro-X piston they're available in D

I may do that.

|