Where to find bolt Size/Lengths?

Ryan625
Edited Date/Time 4/26/2020 7:55am
I am currently replacing a lot of the hardware on my project bike and rather than buying OEM I want to buy better items since it cost about as much to get real nice bolts. Anyone have a good source where I can look up sizes and lengths? Otherwise I will just order a device to measure them...but currently many are missing so I can't quite measure them.

Thanks!
|
4/19/2020 9:57pm
For ktm the size and length is listed with the bolt. M8X35 is M8 bolt and 35mm length. Not sure if the Japanese brands do the same, but I imagine they do. Look up your bike on Motorsport under oem parts
Ryan625
4/19/2020 11:46pm
Oh I’m very familiar with that parts finder and have been unsuccessful so far. It’s listed on some but not all
FWYT
4/20/2020 1:04am
The way to go for good quality at a reasonable cost is to get the Spec Bolt Nickel Wurks stuff.
It's the best bang for the buck. Flanged, dished head, and I think they are doing model specific kits now, too.
Takes the guess work out of it.

https://specbolt.com/nickel-wurks-kits/
kb228
4/20/2020 6:43am
If a microfiche doesnt say, you likely wont find it. Youll have to measure the bolts you have and make a list. Spec bolt sells kits but theyre not complete

The Shop

Ryan625
4/20/2020 7:45am
kb228 wrote:
If a microfiche doesnt say, you likely wont find it. Youll have to measure the bolts you have and make a list. Spec bolt sells kits...
If a microfiche doesnt say, you likely wont find it. Youll have to measure the bolts you have and make a list. Spec bolt sells kits but theyre not complete
Thats what I was worried about. I like the Nickel Wurks bolts, but wanted to keep them all standard to what I have no. Anyone know how the Würks Bolts look compared to the stainless from pro-bolt? I want the same finish. Ive been using the mirror polished stainless and they are nothing short of beautiful
mxracer47y
4/23/2020 10:54pm
Best maybe post what bike you have and ask on here or go on Facebook there’s a lot of dedicated pages towards different bikes and brands , one note the nickel wurks stuff is really nice and for the price you can’t beat it but make sure you wd 40 then I had my whole Bike with them and some started to show rust , with proper care they’ll stay nice for a long while but just be aware , I started to purchase titanium from moto stuff , about the cheapest around
ecmx274
4/25/2020 7:10am
Is it for your rm? If so what bolts?
Ryan625
4/25/2020 10:04am
ecmx274 wrote:
Is it for your rm? If so what bolts?
Yes, I am specifically searching for my RM. It is missing many more bolts than I had anticipated. I am using OEM spec on the engine internals and going with pro-bolt for the most part elsewhere. I really like the looks of their mirror polished stainless and seems to hold up well. And ill never have to worry about them rusting. I wipe my bikes down and clean them thoroughly every time.

That Nickel Würks does look nice for the price for sure!

Specifically I was looking for shock, linkage, and subframe bolt lengthens. I ordered OEM and will replace them in the near future when I order a bolt measuring tool from Pro-bolt as well.
mxracer47y
4/25/2020 1:21pm
Ryan625 wrote:
Yes, I am specifically searching for my RM. It is missing many more bolts than I had anticipated. I am using OEM spec on the engine...
Yes, I am specifically searching for my RM. It is missing many more bolts than I had anticipated. I am using OEM spec on the engine internals and going with pro-bolt for the most part elsewhere. I really like the looks of their mirror polished stainless and seems to hold up well. And ill never have to worry about them rusting. I wipe my bikes down and clean them thoroughly every time.

Specifically I was looking for shock, linkage, and subframe bolt lengthens. I ordered OEM and will replace them in the near future when I order a bolt measuring tool from Pro-bolt as well.
I’m taking mine apart this afternoon So I can get my frame ready for powdercoat , I can measure all them up off my 2006 RM250 , I know the subframe Top bolt is a m8x98 , the 2 bottom as m8x15mm , but I’ll measure up the rest
mxracer47y
4/25/2020 1:23pm
Ryan625 wrote:
Yes, I am specifically searching for my RM. It is missing many more bolts than I had anticipated. I am using OEM spec on the engine...

mxracer47y wrote:
I’m taking mine apart this afternoon So I can get my frame ready for powdercoat , I can measure all them up off my 2006 RM250...
I’m taking mine apart this afternoon So I can get my frame ready for powdercoat , I can measure all them up off my 2006 RM250 , I know the subframe Top bolt is a m8x98 , the 2 bottom as m8x15mm , but I’ll measure up the rest
Sorry I didn’t read your whole post before responding just saw where your where ordering oem , if you need any other bolt sizes message me here or text me @4133583494 I’ll see a text faster , more than happy to help
ecmx274
4/25/2020 3:38pm
So on my 04 rm125 the upper subframe is m8x100, upper shock is m10x65, the two lower subframe bolts are m8x25, one of the linkage bolts is m12x83, the other linkage bolt is m12x100, the longer t bolt on the linkage is m12x112 I will get the lower shock t bolt shortly but I it’s m10x44mm I will confirm that shortly. I got these measurements off all brand new oem hardware with a proper measuring tool. All the bolts I just named off use Fuji flange nuts except the lower shock uses a regular Fuji nut with no flanges if you use a flange nut it will rub the linkage
ecmx274
4/25/2020 3:45pm
Just measured the lower shock t bolt it is m10x44. I have never been able to find the t bolts is stainless but mettec sells them in ti. If you look under cr125 on mettecs website you can get the right size t bolts I don’t know why they don’t list them under the rm as well
Ryan625
4/26/2020 7:55am
Thank you for all the info! I appreciate that and I am also going to order the pro-bolt aluminum body package for all none essential bolts that don't get a lot of wear.

Post a reply to: Where to find bolt Size/Lengths?

The Latest