Wheel choices??

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2020 7:42 PM

Looking at buying a new set of wheels. Anyone have any experience with tusk or the new dubya edge wheels. They will be going on a ktm 350sxf, raced in the intermediate class. Trying to keep cost down if possible but still looking for something more durable than stock

|

2/3/2020 8:29 PM

Matt Machado wrote:

Looking at buying a new set of wheels. Anyone have any experience with tusk or the new dubya edge wheels. They will be going on a ktm 350sxf, raced in the intermediate class. Trying to keep cost down if possible but still looking for something more durable than stock

Ksr wheels, did stx, haan hubs, bulldog spokes. Buy s good set be done with it. There is s reason tusk are $500.

|

2/3/2020 8:41 PM

Faster USA: Utilizing stock bearings and spokes is much more convenient than sourcing parts for Tusk/Talon/etc.

https://www.fasterusa.com/ecommerce/mx-wheels/ktm-wheelsets/ktm350sxf/ktm-wheelset-fasterusa-pilot.html

|

2/3/2020 8:58 PM

Need to buy an entire set or just a rear wheel. Rear sprocket came apart causing damage to the hub. Probably my fault looks like the bolts came loose. I’m usually pretty good about checking them but I guess this time I didn’t.

|

2/4/2020 5:34 AM

I have had great Luck with 2 sets of Tusk wheel sets, I keep the spokes tight and checked them often other than that no problems at all.

|

2/4/2020 5:47 AM

Tusk wheels are good for the price.

|

2/4/2020 6:04 AM

Matt Machado wrote:

I have not yet tried the new Dubya Edge wheels, but a very good buddy of mine has one of the initial test sets that Dubya gave him early on to get feedback on for his KTM. They worked perfectly for him and he speaks very highly of them. I wouldnt hesitate to use them, as Dubya will alwyas back what they sell.

|

2/6/2020 6:46 AM

I have always been a two set of wheels guy. Right now I have 2 sets of OEM that works well just due to the fact i got the second set for so cheap. If I didn't have that option I would be giving the Tusk a look even though thats not the cool option, or the Dubya Edge wheels. Like stated above, Dubya customer service is top notch. Cheers

|

2/7/2020 7:02 PM

Ksr wheels has both higher end wheel sets and sets priced a little higher then tusk wheels but of better quality. I personally have two sets of haan hubs/did hoops from them and I absolutely live the wheels and have had no issues at all

|

2/8/2020 9:17 AM

Ksr is good. I have purchased a couple of wheelsets over the years with Haan hubs/ sm pro rims/ bulldog spokes and they have been great.

There is nothing worse than a shitty hub. I think the hib portion of buying a wheelset gets overlooked but a shitty hub can blow the whole operation. Not a fan of the Kite hubs.....the hardware fit shitty

|

2/8/2020 4:43 PM

Picked up a set of the dubya edge wheels. Good looking, now we will see how durable they are.

|

4/15/2020 4:28 PM

Matt Machado wrote:

Picked up a set of the dubya edge wheels. Good looking, now we will see how durable they are.

pics?

|

2015 YZ250F - 2003 CR125R

4/15/2020 9:34 PM

FasterUSA or Dubya. I wouldn’t buy a set of wheels from anyone else, JMO.

|