Wheel choices??

Looking at buying a new set of wheels. Anyone have any experience with tusk or the new dubya edge wheels. They will be going on a ktm 350sxf, raced in the intermediate class. Trying to keep cost down if possible but still looking for something more durable than stock
|
mxb2
2/3/2020 8:29pm
Looking at buying a new set of wheels. Anyone have any experience with tusk or the new dubya edge wheels. They will be going on a...
Looking at buying a new set of wheels. Anyone have any experience with tusk or the new dubya edge wheels. They will be going on a ktm 350sxf, raced in the intermediate class. Trying to keep cost down if possible but still looking for something more durable than stock
Ksr wheels, did stx, haan hubs, bulldog spokes. Buy s good set be done with it. There is s reason tusk are $500.
2/3/2020 8:58pm
Need to buy an entire set or just a rear wheel. Rear sprocket came apart causing damage to the hub. Probably my fault looks like the bolts came loose. I’m usually pretty good about checking them but I guess this time I didn’t.
2/4/2020 5:34am
I have had great Luck with 2 sets of Tusk wheel sets, I keep the spokes tight and checked them often other than that no problems at all.

The Shop

HackMan162
2/4/2020 6:04am
Looking at buying a new set of wheels. Anyone have any experience with tusk or the new dubya edge wheels. They will be going on a...
I have not yet tried the new Dubya Edge wheels, but a very good buddy of mine has one of the initial test sets that Dubya gave him early on to get feedback on for his KTM. They worked perfectly for him and he speaks very highly of them. I wouldnt hesitate to use them, as Dubya will alwyas back what they sell.
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
171st
2/6/2020 6:46am
I have always been a two set of wheels guy. Right now I have 2 sets of OEM that works well just due to the fact i got the second set for so cheap. If I didn't have that option I would be giving the Tusk a look even though thats not the cool option, or the Dubya Edge wheels. Like stated above, Dubya customer service is top notch. Cheers
ben5020
2/7/2020 7:02pm
Ksr wheels has both higher end wheel sets and sets priced a little higher then tusk wheels but of better quality. I personally have two sets of haan hubs/did hoops from them and I absolutely live the wheels and have had no issues at all
Moto520
2/8/2020 9:17am
Ksr is good. I have purchased a couple of wheelsets over the years with Haan hubs/ sm pro rims/ bulldog spokes and they have been great.

There is nothing worse than a shitty hub. I think the hib portion of buying a wheelset gets overlooked but a shitty hub can blow the whole operation. Not a fan of the Kite hubs.....the hardware fit shitty
2/8/2020 4:43pm
Picked up a set of the dubya edge wheels. Good looking, now we will see how durable they are.
TunaBro
4/15/2020 4:28pm
Picked up a set of the dubya edge wheels. Good looking, now we will see how durable they are.
pics?
CSAR FE
4/15/2020 9:34pm
FasterUSA or Dubya. I wouldn’t buy a set of wheels from anyone else, JMO.
MelonFan123
1/19/2021 12:48pm
Any update in how these have held up for you? What kind of riding do you do? Looking into possibly getting a set.
Slosh 112
1/20/2021 4:22am
learn how to lace your own... its not hard. stock hubs are plenty strong enough, excel takasago rims and if you need stainless spokes get Excels OEM stainless replacement kit. almost nobody needs Bulldog spokes, routine maintenance or lack there of is 90% the cause of failed wheels, unless you are hucking monster gaps insane wheelsets are overkill and $$$, save money and buy tyres.
1/20/2021 10:21am
Any update in how these have held up for you? What kind of riding do you do? Looking into possibly getting a set.
They are a good set. Used them for motocross. My son rides in a class so he’s pretty hard on wheels. We’ve had no issues would buy again for sure
FWYT
1/20/2021 11:12am
Slosh 112 wrote:
learn how to lace your own... its not hard. stock hubs are plenty strong enough, excel takasago rims and if you need stainless spokes get Excels...
learn how to lace your own... its not hard. stock hubs are plenty strong enough, excel takasago rims and if you need stainless spokes get Excels OEM stainless replacement kit. almost nobody needs Bulldog spokes, routine maintenance or lack there of is 90% the cause of failed wheels, unless you are hucking monster gaps insane wheelsets are overkill and $$$, save money and buy tyres.
Agreed. Look, if I can learn to lace wheels, anyone can. Just take your time and don't be in a rush.
MelonFan123
1/20/2021 9:15pm
They are a good set. Used them for motocross. My son rides in a class so he’s pretty hard on wheels. We’ve had no issues would...
They are a good set. Used them for motocross. My son rides in a class so he’s pretty hard on wheels. We’ve had no issues would buy again for sure
Thanks for the feedback, I’ll probably be picking up a set.
MelonFan123
1/20/2021 9:17pm
Slosh 112 wrote:
learn how to lace your own... its not hard. stock hubs are plenty strong enough, excel takasago rims and if you need stainless spokes get Excels...
FWYT wrote:
Agreed. Look, if I can learn to lace wheels, anyone can. Just take your time and don't be in a rush.
I get what you guys are saying, but after picking up new rims and a spoke kit, the money savings really isn’t worth it to me. The time it takes to lace up wheels is something I don’t have, would rather just get a set ready to go and call it a day
adam8781
1/20/2021 9:38pm
I deal with cole at dubya for my shop, those dubya edge wheels are a hell of a deal. much stronger than stock

Ive used tusk hubs without isse once you get teh crappy bearings out, call cole at dubya tell him 403mx sent you. if youre on a budget those edge wheels are the way togo!

Post a reply to: Wheel choices??

The Latest