What newer model OEM parts fit the CR125??

TunaBro
I am working on my build of my 2003 CR125 and I am wondering what newer model CRF parts swap over to my 125. I tried the search function but didn't come up with much.

Thanks for any insight or advice in advance!
|
crc245
4/12/2020 4:09pm
Front wheel, front rotor and front brake (so long as you run proper 2003 and older bracket to accommodate), rear rotor, foot pegs, clutch lever (assuming no hotstart from 2004-2009 style), triple clamps would give you new front fender/number plate look (however, offset and diameters changed so double check numbers seeing your bike has OE 46mm KYB's...), misc hardware, bars/bar mounts, chain and rear sprocket...Others can be made to fit with some modifying, ie rear rim relaced to your OE offset hub, so trial and error is good if you have both bikes side by side. Enjoy the build!
TunaBro
4/12/2020 4:19pm
crc245 wrote:
Front wheel, front rotor and front brake (so long as you run proper 2003 and older bracket to accommodate), rear rotor, foot pegs, clutch lever (assuming...
Front wheel, front rotor and front brake (so long as you run proper 2003 and older bracket to accommodate), rear rotor, foot pegs, clutch lever (assuming no hotstart from 2004-2009 style), triple clamps would give you new front fender/number plate look (however, offset and diameters changed so double check numbers seeing your bike has OE 46mm KYB's...), misc hardware, bars/bar mounts, chain and rear sprocket...Others can be made to fit with some modifying, ie rear rim relaced to your OE offset hub, so trial and error is good if you have both bikes side by side. Enjoy the build!
Awesome, thanks! I was eyeing an 04-17 front master cylinder and caliper. You’re saying it should match up to my 03 bracket?
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/12/2020 5:07pm
Be careful if switching clamps, there are a few years in there that CRF went to a different steering stem bearing for some reason. For example, I'm running 2015 CRF forks and Neken clamps on my 05 125 and I needed to press on a different stem bearing. I'm also running 2018 CRF front caliper and rotor and CRF pegs as mentioned above.

Getting the 05-07 CR air boot is a good idea for your bike as well.
TunaBro
4/12/2020 6:12pm
seth505 wrote:
Be careful if switching clamps, there are a few years in there that CRF went to a different steering stem bearing for some reason. For example...
Be careful if switching clamps, there are a few years in there that CRF went to a different steering stem bearing for some reason. For example, I'm running 2015 CRF forks and Neken clamps on my 05 125 and I needed to press on a different stem bearing. I'm also running 2018 CRF front caliper and rotor and CRF pegs as mentioned above.

Getting the 05-07 CR air boot is a good idea for your bike as well.
Thanks!

I picked up some 450r pegs and looking at a front brake setup as well.

Appreciate the info, guys!

The Shop

CRMike
4/30/2020 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2020 2:52pm
Calipers are all the same I believe just some of the brackets are different because different size mounting points on the forks, the master cylinder and lever is different on later crfs, can't remember exactly what year they changed, hose mounting point is different and lever is different with 15% more power supposedly

Can swap front ends, triple clamps and forks with all CR/crfs 02+ as long as forks are correct diameter for the clamps and what year will depend which number board fits, setup would be different and some forks have slightly different lengths too

Wheels,discs, sprocket, are all the same 02 onwards some different width rims though

Footpegs the same, think rear brake pedal too but not sure, clevis should be the same and rear master cylinder

Rear caliper is the same also bracket, disc guard they may have changed with the latest gen frame I'm not sure, and axle blocks

Can't think of anything else

I need to know what CRF ohlins shock I can use on my CR250 2007 but this is proving difficult for a definite answer

Post a reply to: What newer model OEM parts fit the CR125??

The Latest