What does an aftermarket clutch do to improve the bike?

Tfleck672
I’m having a little trouble understanding what an aftermarket clutch really does and if its worth it? For instance I know an exhaust system might add power in a certain range or tires would add traction, but what benefit does an aftermarket clutch provide me? I can’t really think of anything besides smoother shifts, any input is helpful thanks.
|
Monk
12/16/2018 9:51pm
Tfleck672 wrote:
I’m having a little trouble understanding what an aftermarket clutch really does and if its worth it? For instance I know an exhaust system might add...
I’m having a little trouble understanding what an aftermarket clutch really does and if its worth it? For instance I know an exhaust system might add power in a certain range or tires would add traction, but what benefit does an aftermarket clutch provide me? I can’t really think of anything besides smoother shifts, any input is helpful thanks.
Lighter, tighter tolerances, better lubricating properties, better cooling...
kb228
12/17/2018 1:11am
The main thing is durability. You also will experience less slipping due to heavier springs. Some clutches like auto clutches will prevent engine stalling and help you keep the bike in the perfect power range.
skypig
12/17/2018 2:33am
Some cheaper/OEM clutches get notches worn in the fingers of the basket causing causing less smooth engagement and disengagement. Quality clutches have harder “fingers” - Less wear.

Result (Of this, and some of the stuff mentioned in previous posts)

You might feel a smoother, more consistent lever pull (Perhaps heavier, if stronger springs are involved)
You might notice a more consistent engagement. (Better for “Starts”.)
Both these features should be longer lasting. (Due high quality construction/components)

People mention “more power” “transfered”. I call “BS”, unless the current clutch is slipping. (Which it probably won’t do for long - it will fail.)
Jrewing
12/17/2018 2:52am
The clutch cover seems more important to many. Must have brand name cover but nothing special inside.
The cast hubs and baskets flex. Wear notches quickly too. Don’t flow much oil in and out like a recluse etc

The Shop

yz133rider
12/17/2018 3:12am
Thr rekluse torq drive uses thinner plates but more of them. Basically actual new tech in a clutch. Supposed to be more drive and more holding capacity even with lighter springs and a lighter pull. Many commented it actually does drive harder off the gate and out of corners.
Jrewing
12/17/2018 4:17am
yz133rider wrote:
Thr rekluse torq drive uses thinner plates but more of them. Basically actual new tech in a clutch. Supposed to be more drive and more holding...
Thr rekluse torq drive uses thinner plates but more of them. Basically actual new tech in a clutch. Supposed to be more drive and more holding capacity even with lighter springs and a lighter pull. Many commented it actually does drive harder off the gate and out of corners.
I noticed the lighter pull. The harder drive well I’d need to twist the throttle harder to experience it

Post a reply to: What does an aftermarket clutch do to improve the bike?

The Latest