Weights of 2 stroke Engines like YZ125,YZ250 ?

Hi!

I am looking for information about the engine weights of numerous 2 stroke engines like YZ125, YZ250 or KTm 250SX.
It seems to be near impossible to find the weight specs of any of the 2stroke engines online, and even harder if I want to find out the weight w/o transmission. If anyone here have weighted the engine or know the weighted, it would be tremendously helpful!

Thanks
Regards
Karl
|
.kyle
4/30/2018 5:55am
As taken from the Full Tilt TM thread in the Bike Builds section - a tm144 engine is "41 pounds with the stator and flywheel."
kb228
4/30/2018 6:02am
40-55lbs if i had to guess.
4/30/2018 12:47pm
.kyle wrote:
As taken from the Full Tilt TM thread in the Bike Builds section - a tm144 engine is "41 pounds with the stator and flywheel."
Mega thank you Kyle! hmm I thought they would be lighterSmile . Do you know if this weight is with transmission included?
Thanks
karl

The Shop

.kyle
5/1/2018 1:08am
.kyle wrote:
throttle1 wrote:
Mega thank you Kyle! hmm I thought they would be lighterSmile . Do you know if this weight is with transmission included?
Thanks
karl
I would have thought that would be the weight of engine (with no oil) as removed straight from the frame.

I'm sure I read ages ago on thumpertalk of a weight around 46lb for a 2st engine, but can't remember what cc it was.
5/3/2018 12:42pm
If you don’t mind me asking, what are you doing with this info?
Kyle, Thank you!

oh yeah I am about to to make an engine purchase decision for a project and I am weighting the options haha (no pun intended). I though the 2strokers are lighter? perhaps some are air cooled?
5/3/2018 12:55pm
If you don’t mind me asking, what are you doing with this info?
throttle1 wrote:
Kyle, Thank you! oh yeah I am about to to make an engine purchase decision for a project and I am weighting the options haha (no...
Kyle, Thank you!

oh yeah I am about to to make an engine purchase decision for a project and I am weighting the options haha (no pun intended). I though the 2strokers are lighter? perhaps some are air cooled?
Depends on the application. The engines should weigh less than any four stroke engine. Too much of a hassle to swap a modern four stroke anyhow.
Jterry
5/4/2018 1:23pm
I should have weighed just the engine by itself. But I sent a complete kx500 engine to Germany and the complete package weighed 68 lbs. And I'm sending a YZ250 engine to the Czech Republic today. The box weighs 58 lbs.

That the engine with no stator, flywheel, carb or reeds. The box and packaging probably weighs 5 lbs.

Post a reply to: Weights of 2 stroke Engines like YZ125,YZ250 ?

The Latest