WP Cone Valve oil change

thearc
Looking to change my fork oil soon. Does anyone have instructions for changing 16+ cone valve 48’s? Is it much different then other forks?
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/12/2017 5:12pm
-I remove the top cap and let them sit upside down for a while to drain. This should get about 90-95% of the oil out.
-Fill it up and tighten the cap. Super easy, no bleeding.

When I change my springs I can pull the whole cartridge out and a i'll find a small amount of oil, but if you want to do it quick and easy what I wrote above works fine.
aees
10/13/2017 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/13/2017 12:02pm
thearc wrote:
Looking to change my fork oil soon. Does anyone have instructions for changing 16+ cone valve 48’s? Is it much different then other forks?
Same as normal AER48, if you want to really take them apart you just loosen the top quarter a turn, then loosen the 19mm in the bottom (normal right threaded, so loosen left). When the bottom bolt (rebound) cant unscrew further, you push down the foot of the fork so the rebound bolt pops up 2-3" and then use a 17mm and the 19mm to completely remove the rebound bolt.

If you want you raise the foot and bottom part 4" and screw the rebound back without it taking threads on the cartridge. In that way you can turn the fork back up as normal and unscrew the top and pull everything out without leaking oil from both bottom and top.

I try and fish out the aluminum rebound pipe (10" pipe inside cartridge) when i have removed the rebound bolt (before possibly putting it back as mentioned above) so that it does not fall out and break when i clean the cartridge.

Post a reply to: WP Cone Valve oil change

The Latest