Vp gas for 450

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2018 9:14 PM

My son just got his 18.5 ktm factory edition 450 and I was wondering if there is a performance fuel from vp to put in it? I run pro6 in the 250f now and that is a nice gain but didn't know if there was one for the 450 or if the pro6 would be good for it also

|

3/3/2018 12:20 AM

Cant go wrong with t4. Good stuff.

|

3/3/2018 3:36 AM

Had good luck with u4.4 and t4 in my 450.

|

3/3/2018 11:48 AM

Keeper says run T4E. It doesn't show on their website, but they make it if you ask for it.

|

3/3/2018 5:07 PM

ktm-5 wrote:

My son just got his 18.5 ktm factory edition 450 and I was wondering if there is a performance fuel from vp to put in it? I ...more

T4 or u4.4 for stock motors, small mods. Pro6 , mr12, needs at least a remap or vortex or GET. Box

|

3/3/2018 8:06 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice, I did end up going to vp website and it said I could use the pro 6 with minimal mapping changes. I actually had him use up the last of a can of pro6 last couple of days so hopefully it's all good...lol. I know when I dynoed the 16 250f with pro6 it worked great on stock mapping

|

3/3/2018 10:08 PM

If you want a performance boost, get u4.4. It produces way more power than Pro6. Unless you are racing in pro AMA sanctioned events, Pro6 is a waste of money.

|

3/3/2018 10:11 PM

Giygas wrote:

If you want a performance boost, get u4.4. It produces way more power than Pro6. Unless you are racing in pro AMA sanctioned ...more

Ive been told I don't want a leaded fuel in a 4 stroke and u4.4 is leaded so is there any harm in lead? I know it's great for 2 strokes

|

3/3/2018 10:25 PM

Giygas wrote:

If you want a performance boost, get u4.4. It produces way more power than Pro6. Unless you are racing in pro AMA sanctioned ...more

ktm-5 wrote:

Ive been told I don't want a leaded fuel in a 4 stroke and u4.4 is leaded so is there any harm in lead? I know it's great for ...more

U4.4 is great fuel. Use it. Stock or slightly modded motors. Dont worry about the lead.

|

3/3/2018 10:28 PM

OK thanks. Is it usable without any map changes or does the ecu need re-mapping?

|

3/4/2018 4:44 AM

ktm-5 wrote:

OK thanks. Is it usable without any map changes or does the ecu need re-mapping?

I would get a remap to get the most benefit of expensive fuel. 4.4 is great but it cannot be left in the bike for more than a couple weeks or you risk gumming up things. I would look to a unleaded oxygenated fuel. We have had good luck with Sunoco 260 GT Plus, similar to Pro 6 but half the price.

|

3/4/2018 4:48 AM

ktm-5 wrote:

neysbo wrote:

I would get a remap to get the most benefit of expensive fuel. 4.4 is great but it cannot be left in the bike for more than a ...more

X2 on the remap. Tokymods does them for $110 after taxes. prob the best $100 i spent on the bike.

|

3/4/2018 6:55 AM

ktm-5 wrote:

Remap.and good fuel ,add a tooth on rear sprocket.best bang for the buck. Remap not needed.but def helps. Read vp fuels spec charts on their fuel.

|

3/4/2018 6:56 AM

ktm-5 wrote:

neysbo wrote:

I would get a remap to get the most benefit of expensive fuel. 4.4 is great but it cannot be left in the bike for more than a ...more

You can leave U4.4 in the tank. The initial blends were corrosive. You will want to use the pail within a few weeks as the oxygen leaves the fuel rather quickly.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

3/4/2018 7:36 AM

ktm-5 wrote:

neysbo wrote:

BobPA wrote:

You can leave U4.4 in the tank. The initial blends were corrosive. You will want to use the pail within a few weeks as the ...more

In the supplied sealed can, the fuel is good for 2 years , cans sit in shops, warehouses for months,years.

|

3/4/2018 1:53 PM

ktm-5 wrote:

neysbo wrote:

kb228 wrote:

X2 on the remap. Tokymods does them for $110 after taxes. prob the best $100 i spent on the bike.

A remap can help it run better on pump fuel as well, they are on the lean side standard to keep emissions down.

|

3/4/2018 7:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2018 7:34 PM

neysbo wrote:

BobPA wrote:

You can leave U4.4 in the tank. The initial blends were corrosive. You will want to use the pail within a few weeks as the ...more

mxb2 wrote:

In the supplied sealed can, the fuel is good for 2 years , cans sit in shops, warehouses for months,years.

After you open the can it is only good for a few weeks. Called them and asked, as I run the U4.4 in my 125. VP claims it is good up to 2 years on original seal. Once the plastic cap has been opened, you have a month max. Keep the plastic spout down when in storage.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

3/4/2018 7:47 PM

BobPA wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

After you open the can it is only good for a few weeks. Called them and asked, as I run the U4.4 in my 125. VP claims it is ...more

I have had mixed feedback from VP on this, I was told the same thing you mentioned. I also half a 20 litre drum of MRX02 left that I had used 12 months earlier so I called VP and the guys I spoke to that day said it would be fine. I used it and the bike ran really good, it didn't seem to have lost anything. They also told me that once you open the can leave the plastic spout up, as it can get small holes when it is pulled up and pushed down just a couple of times which will break the seal.

|

3/4/2018 11:38 PM

Question on remapping, do they just have remaps they have done for other bikes? How do they remap or tune the ecu without running it in the bike? I've had a vortex remapped with a dyno but wondered how like tokyo mods does it with just the ecu?

|

3/5/2018 1:15 AM

ktm-5 wrote:

Question on remapping, do they just have remaps they have done for other bikes? How do they remap or tune the ecu without ...more

They have preset maps that theyve tested on other bikes. Basically you tell them what motor mods/exhaust is on your bike and what gas youll be running and they load it up. But a dyno tune is absolutely better.

|

3/5/2018 6:08 AM

BobPA wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

After you open the can it is only good for a few weeks. Called them and asked, as I run the U4.4 in my 125. VP claims it is ...more

Just going by what i was told from.vp,renegade fuel guys. And keep the spout up once you use it. Store it in a cool.dark place, and off the ground.

|

3/5/2018 1:05 PM

Are you guys that are running U4.4 pinching off the vent tube when your bike is in the garage? I switched over to it from C12 in my 250 2 stroke and love it, but draining the gas each time I ride sucks. I only get to ride every other week or so.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

3/5/2018 1:17 PM

AJ565 wrote:

Are you guys that are running U4.4 pinching off the vent tube when your bike is in the garage? I switched over to it from C12 ...more

Last fall i had some last 2 months before i used it all. Bike ran fine the day i finished it. I dont think it goes from fresh to water in 2 weeks.

|

3/5/2018 4:59 PM

AJ565 wrote:

Are you guys that are running U4.4 pinching off the vent tube when your bike is in the garage? I switched over to it from C12 ...more

I have a spare gas cap that I plugged the hole - I put that on when the bike sits in garage. It sat for 6 weeks once with no issues or change in performance.

|

3/5/2018 9:49 PM

ktm-5 wrote:

Question on remapping, do they just have remaps they have done for other bikes? How do they remap or tune the ecu without ...more

They have maps from other bikes. But at a certain point I think they are making maps off assumption. There’s no way they have maps for every scenario like pipe, fuel, back fire screen removed, elevation.

If you got a vertex you could really fine tune it yourself once you plug it in.

|

3/5/2018 9:50 PM

AJ565 wrote:

If I know I won’t ride for 7-10 days I drain my c12. Not because I think it will go bad, but to save all my seals and o rings that might come in contact. I drain it back into the metal fuel can.

|