Valve for float bowl draining

Related:
Create New Tag

4/5/2018 3:39 AM

I want to make something(or buy if available) that screws into the float bowl plug. It should have a valve and a hose. The purpose is to be able to drain the float bowl in a clean manner. I want to run the hose down to the bottom of the bike with the vent hoses that way all i have to do is put a container there to catch the gas. Has anyone made this or know of a product?

|

4/5/2018 7:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2018 7:13 AM

I understand your concept, but it sounds a little over engineered. I've got a tiny funnel hose clamped to a long piece of fuel line (which I run to a catch can/bottle).. when I need to drain the carb with the carb installed on the bike, I just loosen the hose clamps securing the carb so I can rotate it sideways so the float bowl plug is facing me, crack it loose, then hold the little funnel under it while I remove the plug and rotate the carb so the gas empties through the funnel and into my catch bottle.

Incorporating a valve just sounds like something that could possibly fail; and a surprise bog due to a carb starved for fuel thanks to a failing float bowl drain valve could be big trouble

But, if something like what you're talking about already is "a thing", I'd still like to see it

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

4/5/2018 7:32 AM

I like the funnel idea. Usually i just catch what i can in a container and wipe up the rest.

|

4/5/2018 9:09 AM

I just run the carb dry when I am done riding. Running clean gas helps too.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

4/5/2018 12:48 PM

I usually just spill the shit everywhere and all over my hands and then smell like gas the whole night and my girlfriend gets pissed at me.

Works like a charm everytime

|

4/5/2018 1:54 PM

I always wondered why there wasn't a bleeder down there, like brake calipers have. I, too, just stuff rags underneath the carb, unscrew the float bowl screws and let it spill all over the rags. Would be sweet if you could just crack a bleeder with a hose attached to it.

|

4/5/2018 4:02 PM

Remember that the jets set down in the cavity in the bowl drain plug and I think that most any valve you would install there would interfere.

Paw Paw

|

4/5/2018 4:14 PM

Get a TT-R110. Those come stock with exactly the float bowl drain you are referring to. laughing

On an MX bike, you may need to bite the bullet and deal with the drain plug and related spillage.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

4/5/2018 5:01 PM

Falcon wrote:

Get a TT-R110. Those come stock with exactly the float bowl drain you are referring to. laughing

On an MX bike, you may need to bite ...more

Now we’re gonna see all over the build threads “yz250 to ttr 110 carb swap”

|

4/6/2018 3:32 AM

Paw Paw 271 wrote:

Remember that the jets set down in the cavity in the bowl drain plug and I think that most any valve you would install there ...more

I was thinking the plug would have a nipple on it, and the valve or even a caliper bleeder would be below it to avoid any issues like that.

|

4/6/2018 6:22 AM

lcgordon711 wrote:

I usually just spill the shit everywhere and all over my hands and then smell like gas the whole night and my girlfriend gets ...more

That workstongue well for me too.

|

4/6/2018 6:44 AM

Paw Paw 271 wrote:

Remember that the jets set down in the cavity in the bowl drain plug and I think that most any valve you would install there ...more

kb228 wrote:

I was thinking the plug would have a nipple on it, and the valve or even a caliper bleeder would be below it to avoid any ...more

That nipple would still have to be installed into the drain and just that will interfere with the area that the jets set in as there is just not much room there.

Paw Paw

|