Valve Guide Info

mjm472
Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 8:59pm
Hello.
05 RMZ450.
I just purchased the bike. I took the top end of to replace valves, piston, etc. I noticed (after i tossed the old valve seals) that a intake guide has been replaced at one time. It is it more tapered where the seal is pushed on vs squared off like stock. Stock seals are wobbly and dont feel like they are on properly. By looking at the pics, any idea what brand/model it may be off? Id like to avoid replacing it. All of the seals i took off were sealing and were on tight. They all looked the same. Stock guide is on bottom in pic and is Flat on top. Thanks in advance

|
RyanLester761
4/4/2018 1:07pm
Interesting. You might have to do some Googling. I can't help- sorry. But, I want to follow...

All I could think is maybe Kibblewhite has info. (Do they make guides and seals?) And/or you got all intake seals when you need the smaller exhaust seals for those particular guides...???
mjm472
4/4/2018 9:47pm
The seals are the same for all 4.
I looked at kibblewhite and their measurements.. i think i will try and contact them ..
I also took a pic with a mirror through the window in the head..

krgperformance
4/6/2018 6:45am
looks to me that is the oem guide since after market guides most time are copper
maybe the steel valve seal if it is that kind of seal worn it out and rub the guide down ? or the retainer was bottoming out on the seal making it ware ?
if every thing els is ok have some one replace that guide re cut the seat good to go 60.00 includes the guide
mjm472
4/6/2018 10:17am
Thanks for the reply. I had not thought about it like that. The stock upper seat does not have any marks on it and the bottom of the guide looks nothing like the other three stock guides, or ones i have looked at so I did not consider it to be a damaged stock one.

The Shop

krgperformance
4/6/2018 10:48am
i bet some one just install a random OEM guide they had laying around or in stock. why who knows
best bet would just re place it and re cut the seat if every thing checks out
mjm472
4/17/2018 8:59pm
Good advice.. and my plan B. I am having the guide replaced and seat recut.. should be back this week.
Thanks for the time.

Post a reply to: Valve Guide Info

The Latest