Tx300 vs Tc250 chassis

crockett
Engine, and suspension components aside. How different are these two bikes geometry??
Riding more and more woods these days, probably 50/50 woods to track riding time now. I ride fc350 and ride a tx300 the other day. I would give the tx the nod in the bush but I haven’t gotten to take it out on the track.

I feel like the shock is in a different position on the tx? The bike seems to hop up and over stuff really well. Comparing to my FC it seems to want to push throughh chatter, bumps, rocks and all that stuff.
|
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
6/1/2019 9:48am
I’m fairly certain that the actual frame, shock position, etc., is identical on both models.
cwtoyota
6/1/2019 5:04pm
crockett wrote:
Engine, and suspension components aside. How different are these two bikes geometry?? Riding more and more woods these days, probably 50/50 woods to track riding time...
Engine, and suspension components aside. How different are these two bikes geometry??
Riding more and more woods these days, probably 50/50 woods to track riding time now. I ride fc350 and ride a tx300 the other day. I would give the tx the nod in the bush but I haven’t gotten to take it out on the track.

I feel like the shock is in a different position on the tx? The bike seems to hop up and over stuff really well. Comparing to my FC it seems to want to push throughh chatter, bumps, rocks and all that stuff.
I thought those chassis were identical...

Valving and spring rates can do that.

Also, the TX has a much more mellow power curve with more torque and taller gearing.
A bike with punchy bottom end and low gearing will be easy to upset the rear suspension.

Chain-torque has an effect on the rear suspension feel. The difference in gearing (especially rear sprocket size) between these two bikes will result in a different rear end feel due to that chain-torque effect.

I've ridden both of these and really didn't like much about the TC250 on a motocross track. The TX was a pleasant surprise. The suspension was too soft on the 300, but the engine was excellent and delivered enough torque that the taller gearing made up for the short power curve these bikes have.
crockett
6/3/2019 7:46am
Glad to hear they have the same chassis, that will inspire some confidence when I try the bike out on the track.
BikePilot
7/31/2019 9:52am
Yep exact same chassis. The TX has a bit more weight due to the larger tank, e-start, kickstand and such. Just don't fill the tank all the way for MX and it'll help. The suspension is a lot softer on the TX, but it's pretty adjustable. I added 8psi to the forks, 1-turn on high speed compression, and 3-clicks on low speed for MX vs my off road settings and found it pretty good. Still very plush and eats braking bumps for lunch, but still also a bit soft and can blow through travel a bit on steep jump faces, so watch your feet if a face is steep and rutted. I only did one day on a MX track and didn't have time to mess with further settings. I suspect going in further on the compression adjusters would be helpful.

The Shop

suspensionguy
Fantasy
2040th
8/2/2019 7:30pm
Same chassis. Different suspension valving(very different). Motors are also pollar opposites. The TX has less timing, less compression, wider ratio gearbox(no thanks), heavy estart and a crank that is nearly 1lbs heavier to accommodate the charging system & heavier flywheel.

Post a reply to: Tx300 vs Tc250 chassis

The Latest