Transmission only shifts ince

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2018 6:14 PM

I am rebuilding the bottom end in the bike and the transmission shift forks came out. Now it will only change to one gear and it gets stuck on one of the lips on the shift drum. There are pictures below of the shift forks and the codes on them. I don’t know these codes. Is this my issue? Or do I have a different problem? Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/21/2018 6:49 PM

Take the tranny back out and start over. Thats how i did it when i rebuilt my 1st tranny i had the gears right order but something was wacked up and wouldnt work right. Just tore it all back apart and gave it another go.

|

7/21/2018 7:22 PM

Have you spun the output shaft after you make the first shift? The shifting mechanism has to “reset” before you can make another shift. Just like when the bike is not running on a stand and you upshift with your hand or whatever, you won’t be able to make another upshift until after you spin the rear wheel.

If that’s not it, then you probably need to take a close look at your service manual on how to orient the gears and how to index the shift forks, etc.

|

7/21/2018 8:45 PM

Are one of your forks rotated 180 on the shaft?

|