Traditional grips VS Lock-on grips

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2020 4:25 AM

Interested to know...

Who prefers lock on grips VS who prefers to go old
school and use traditional glue/wire on grips?

I personally prefer the feeling of the tradition grips with glue and wire! Pro taper 1/3 waffle every time!

Glue them on or bolt them on

View Results

|

2/28/2020 4:31 AM

Lock-on all the way for me. The mount/unmount process with traditional grips is more than I wanna mess with anymore.

|

2/28/2020 4:48 AM

I use normal grips with spit and safety wire. Its easier to remove than glue or clamp ons.

|

2/28/2020 11:08 AM

Although I can't stand any lock-on grips on my MTBs cause it hurt my hands and use Renthal bmx grips only, I have no problem with the ODI lock-on my Husky and the mount/unmount is way easier.

|

2/28/2020 11:36 AM

Dexter wrote:

Although I can't stand any lock-on grips on my MTBs cause it hurt my hands and use Renthal bmx grips only, I have no problem with the ODI lock-on my Husky and the mount/unmount is way easier.

I’m the exact opposite! I love lock on’s on my hard tail and BMX. Having a billet throttle tube with a bearing is another key reason I love standard grips on the MOTO.

|

2/28/2020 11:52 AM

I've heard people say they are harder than traditional grips, but they are the exact same on the throttle side. It seems only the clutch side could be harder, so it may just be the rubber compound. I have a set of soft half-waffle ODI grips to try. I've been using the regular lock on KTM (ODI) grips and like them.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

2/28/2020 2:52 PM

Mkerrwrench wrote:

Interested to know...

Who prefers lock on grips VS who prefers to go old
school and use traditional glue/wire on grips?

I personally prefer the feeling of the tradition grips with glue and wire! Pro taper 1/3 waffle every time!

Same: Old school full waffle here though! Tried various clamp-ons, which are very convenient to install, but never liked the feel. Can't beat a properly TriFlowed Motion Pro titan throttle tube with fresh A'ME full waffles...

Photo

|