Top amateur bikes?

Honda11
Just curious, what kind of work/mods goes into some of the bikes of the top amateurs? I don't mean the 250s and 450s, more like the 50s, 65s, 85s. I was watching some of Haiden Deegan's videos and it got me thinking. Do these minis have things like titanium parts/hardware or A kit suspension? Or are they fairly stock? I don't really follow the up and comers, so Haiden is probably the only one I can reference lol. I remember seeing an article on Mumfords? 150f, but don't remember any of the goods on the bike.
|
Honda11
12/10/2018 6:39pm
Thats the article I was thinking of. That bike is/was a full blown factory race bike. The fuel injection is sick. Is this the only one, or has any other teams done similar things with other minis? You never see much info on the smaller bikes, which makes me wonder if they are fairly stock or fully modded.
kb228
12/11/2018 7:14am
Theyre basically works bikes for top amateurs. Head work, porting, suspension, everything.
Tracktor
12/12/2018 11:08am
We have local kids riding fully modded bikes with A-kits in the 85 class around here. It's all in how much you want to spend. So yes, most national kids in the 50-85 classes have a certain amount of purchased speed. Even "limited" class bikes are not anywhere near stock in a lot of areas. IMO, this takes away somewhat from the rider if you line up on a $15k+ mini vs some kid on a stock bike but it's a free country and parents can spend their money in whatever way they feel is best..........

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
12/12/2018 11:17am
Tracktor wrote:
We have local kids riding fully modded bikes with A-kits in the 85 class around here. It's all in how much you want to spend. So...
We have local kids riding fully modded bikes with A-kits in the 85 class around here. It's all in how much you want to spend. So yes, most national kids in the 50-85 classes have a certain amount of purchased speed. Even "limited" class bikes are not anywhere near stock in a lot of areas. IMO, this takes away somewhat from the rider if you line up on a $15k+ mini vs some kid on a stock bike but it's a free country and parents can spend their money in whatever way they feel is best..........
I still feel that the am classes should be limited with a lot of that stuff. No reason a 12 year old needs a basically factory 50/65/85/150. Like Mumford's 150.. No other 150 out there was going to be close to that thing.

That's just my opinion though and don't expect many to agree.
Tracktor
12/12/2018 11:58am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I still feel that the am classes should be limited with a lot of that stuff. No reason a 12 year old needs a basically factory...
I still feel that the am classes should be limited with a lot of that stuff. No reason a 12 year old needs a basically factory 50/65/85/150. Like Mumford's 150.. No other 150 out there was going to be close to that thing.

That's just my opinion though and don't expect many to agree.
It would be almost impossible to do but seeing kids line up on identical bikes once or twice a year would always be cool to me.

As it is you just have to laugh when you see/hear a rider or parent bragging about a holeshot when there kid has a $2k+ engine vs a gate of stockers. Usually these kids fade away after minis from the expectations & pressure.

We lined up against an A-kit 85 this year so I finally had my boy's suspension done on his '18. I knew he was way to heavy for stock stuff but he could still slam the whoops and wasn't complaining so just let him ride.............
brody
12/17/2018 7:38am
its a factory mini bike look at them mini works and ti and all that shit 5k in the motor and most kids wash out.

funny story my buddys kid went on a kx 112 with stroke and some mild porting and race tech gold valves pulled 3 holeshots and came 3 overall in super mini.

whooped all the 10,000+ bikes
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
12/18/2018 4:14pm
brody wrote:
its a factory mini bike look at them mini works and ti and all that shit 5k in the motor and most kids wash out. funny...
its a factory mini bike look at them mini works and ti and all that shit 5k in the motor and most kids wash out.

funny story my buddys kid went on a kx 112 with stroke and some mild porting and race tech gold valves pulled 3 holeshots and came 3 overall in super mini.

whooped all the 10,000+ bikes
Some serious satisfaction there...bet he was like Cool

Post a reply to: Top amateur bikes?

The Latest