Tom Zont Racing (TZR)?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2018 8:29 PM

Anyone ever heard of them? Or had work done by them before? I found a bike online im interested in and it has TZR stickers on the head and around the motor.

A full 4 stroke rebuild by them is $550 if you shipped the motor or $800 if you gave them the bike.

Curious as to what their work is like and if its a reliable company? Guy has paperwork for a fresh rebuild on the bike.

Thanks guys.

http://www.tomzontracing.com/services/#toggle-id-2

|

11/18/2018 10:53 PM

One of the best in the business. The guy is a legend and does top notch engines and suspension

|

11/19/2018 6:15 AM

Theyve got a damn good reputation. Just remember that $550 is without parts. Your bill is going to be about $1000 higher than that.

|

11/19/2018 6:22 AM

kb228 wrote:

Theyve got a damn good reputation. Just remember that $550 is without parts. Your bill is going to be about $1000 higher than ...more

Im aware. Just most companies charge an arm/leg for rebuilds and compared to others ive seen online thats pretty fair especially when sending it in. I doubt it would be a grand higher (maybe replacing every single piece and having cylinder replated, etc). Most engine rebuilds (in my experience) are crank/crank bearings/seals, full top end, and gaskets all around.

|

11/19/2018 6:43 AM

kb228 wrote:

Theyve got a damn good reputation. Just remember that $550 is without parts. Your bill is going to be about $1000 higher than ...more

Alec138 wrote:

Im aware. Just most companies charge an arm/leg for rebuilds and compared to others ive seen online thats pretty fair ...more

Full motors, to me, include having the cylinder freshened up and the head redone on top of what you listed. New valve seats, valves, springs, all that.

|

11/19/2018 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2018 8:53 AM

Great shop. I've used them for a couple of years and would say that his shop is one of the best for quality service. He is very meticulous and has been doing it for years. You probably haven't heard of him because he has been doing bikes on the arenacross circuit. I'm very picky about where I send my bikes and he has my business. Call him. His motors are reliable and built correctly. I have zero affiliation with TZR.....I just like good, quality work from anyone that I trust enough to work on my equipment.

|

11/19/2018 8:50 AM

Never used em but I follow him on instagram because he knows what he's doing and is funny as well.

|

11/19/2018 10:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2018 10:07 AM

Moto520 wrote:

Great shop. I've used them for a couple of years and would say that his shop is one of the best for quality service. He is ...more

Good to hear what his work is like. I found a yz450f with a full rebuild by TZR and 19hrs on it for 4k. As long as he has paperwork to back up the work for it im probably going to get it if its clean and has minor wear.

|

11/19/2018 10:17 AM

Used Tom for last couple of years. Great guy, knowledgeable, some of the best suspension you’ll ever ride.

|

11/19/2018 7:09 PM

I love Tom and he’s extremely intelligent, he has made Suspension work awesome for me, it’s never worked as well in my life for my size and speed I go.

I would trust him with anything mechanical related.

|

11/20/2018 10:32 AM

post said bike for sale.

|

11/23/2018 9:11 PM

I've known TZ for almost 20 years you're not going to find a more honest reputable person he does meticulous work and stand behind it

|