Tokyo mods Remap questions

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2017 5:52 PM

I have a 2018 husky FC450 with a full FMF system on. I have not re-mapped it or anything else. I have about 5 hours on the bike and I'm getting some decel popping (not much) I run half 91 and T4. Mostly all T4 but when I don't have enough T4 I'll mix some 91 with it.

Should I adjust the TPS or just simply send it to Tokyo Mods for a re-map?
Also thinking about drilling some holes and getting a 2 stroke screen less filter cage for it.

Thanks!

|

9/6/2017 6:39 PM

Remap will take care of the problem,. Screenless cage, t4, u4.4 straight. That bike will rip. Justin at Tokyo mods is awesome. Call him tell him Billy sent ya. Quick turnaround shipping. Insure the ECU when you ship. Tell him the mods you have, and fuel. Stay consistent with what you tell him. You will. Be happy with the results.

|

9/6/2017 7:31 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Remap will take care of the problem,. Screenless cage, t4, u4.4 straight. That bike will rip. Justin at Tokyo mods is awesome. Call him tell him Billy sent ya. Quick turnaround shipping. Insure the ECU when you ship. Tell him the mods you have, and fuel. Stay consistent with what you tell him. You will. Be happy with the results.

This^^^
They will put it in the mail back to you, the same day they received it from you.

Justin is always happy to chatwink

|

9/6/2017 7:38 PM

mxb2 wrote:

NeedMoto wrote:

This^^^
They will put it in the mail back to you, the same day they received it from you.

Justin is always happy to chatwink

Sounds good! I'll do just that. Luckily I live close enough to drive to the shop.

Thanks for your guy's help!

|

9/6/2017 8:21 PM

You can also take it to Twisted Development. They have great maps.

|

9/6/2017 9:47 PM

Tokyo mods did my remap on my 2017 fc450, with full fmf, no screen and pump gas .

Before it was lean, after the map it runs really smooth and well.

|

9/8/2017 6:37 AM

Unfortunately I still had to adjust my TPS after I had the ECU remapped by Tokyo Mods on my 17 KTM450FE. It still had the right off of an idle stumble and if you let it idle right down and whacked the throttle it would sometimes stumble and stall. I adjusted my TPS setting from it's stock .55 to .64 and the stumble and hesitation right off idle was gone and it revved very quick when blipping the throttle.

|

9/8/2017 1:34 PM

Digger29 wrote:

Unfortunately I still had to adjust my TPS after I had the ECU remapped by Tokyo Mods on my 17 KTM450FE. It still had the right off of an idle stumble and if you let it idle right down and whacked the throttle it would sometimes stumble and stall. I adjusted my TPS setting from it's stock .55 to .64 and the stumble and hesitation right off idle was gone and it revved very quick when blipping the throttle.

That's good to know. I'm taking it to Tokyo on Monday and will ride Wednesday and see how it feels. I'm not sure how to adjust the TPS but I'll take it to my mechanic if needed.

|

9/8/2017 8:06 PM

Tokyo Mods did the ECU on my 16 350SXF, great job.

|

@TONY351KTM

9/9/2017 5:10 PM

mxb2 wrote:

screen less/decreeing the cage really help that much?

|

9/9/2017 5:33 PM

mxb2 wrote:

slothy wrote:

It helps, and it's a cheap mod. No toil or twin make kits.

|

9/9/2017 5:50 PM

mxb2 wrote:

slothy wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

thanks, just ordered a toil setup from rocky mountain a few mins go and filled out a Tokyo mods ecm re flash. see if i can get my fx350 a little happier in the woods

|

9/9/2017 6:17 PM

You can just order a filter cage from a 16 sx125 for 12 bucks and it has no screen.

Tokyo mods advised me against changing the tps, you can just turn up the idle slightly and it increases tps voltage apparently

|

9/9/2017 6:23 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

You can just order a filter cage from a 16 sx125 for 12 bucks and it has no screen.

Tokyo mods advised me against changing the tps, you can just turn up the idle slightly and it increases tps voltage apparently

X2 2017 ktm 150sx cage also. Yes. ,Tokyo mods told me the same thing. Leave the TPS alone.

|

9/9/2017 6:24 PM

slothy wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

slothy wrote:

thanks, just ordered a toil setup from rocky mountain a few mins go and filled out a Tokyo mods ecm re flash. see if i can get my fx350 a little happier in the woods

Np man, keep us posted on your review, see what ya think.

|

9/11/2017 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2017 4:55 PM

I just got my ECU remapped from Tokyo mods., they told me to only use it on Map 1 and that on Map 2 it doesn't do anything is that correct? I'll be riding it on Thursday or Saturday to see how much it changed. 2018 FC450 full fmf and T4 gas

|

9/11/2017 8:54 PM

at687 wrote:

I just got my ECU remapped from Tokyo mods., they told me to only use it on Map 1 and that on Map 2 it doesn't do anything is that correct? I'll be riding it on Thursday or Saturday to see how much it changed. 2018 FC450 full fmf and T4 gas

I would follow what Tokyo mods told you, in reference to your map switch.

|

9/12/2017 1:00 PM

at687 wrote:

I had my 350 done by Tokyo and tried map 2 and it felt like it did before the remap.

More aggressive than map 1. Runs fine to me but I leave it on map 1 as thats what they recommended.

Used the husky two stroke cage and pump gas and I'm good to go.

|

9/12/2017 2:37 PM

at687 wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

I had my 350 done by Tokyo and tried map 2 and it felt like it did before the remap.

More aggressive than map 1. Runs fine to me but I leave it on map 1 as thats what they recommended.

Good to know. I'm riding milestone tomorrow to try it out, see how it feels

|

9/13/2017 7:22 AM

Photo

|

9/14/2017 12:59 AM

at687 wrote:

Let us know what you thought after your ride.

|

9/14/2017 8:51 AM

at687 wrote:

Yes, they remap your standard map which is map 1 so use map 1 on your handlebar switch. If you choose map 2 you'll be using the OEM KTM aggressive map.

|

9/14/2017 11:29 PM

IceMan446 wrote:

at687 wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

I haven't rode it yet ,rode my 2 stroke but I will be riding my husky this Saturday and will post how it feels.. thanks guys for all the insight and helpful info

|

9/16/2017 10:29 AM

IceMan446 wrote:

at687 wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

Just did a few motos this morning. What a difference! Crisp throttle response and pulls much better than before the remap. I tried map 2 and feels same as it did stock but now has no decel popping.

Tokyo mods is highly recommended!

|

9/16/2017 1:04 PM

at687 wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

at687 wrote:

Just did a few motos this morning. What a difference! Crisp throttle response and pulls much better than before the remap. I tried map 2 and feels same as it did stock but now has no decel popping.

Nice. What fuel are you using?

|

9/16/2017 1:18 PM

IceMan446 wrote:

at687 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

I'm using T4. I also got the 2 stroke cage for it

|

9/16/2017 8:07 PM

at687 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

at687 wrote:

I'm using T4. I also got the 2 stroke cage for it

Cool cool,thanks

|

9/18/2017 2:06 PM

at687 wrote:

I felt the same way after having it done. Well worth the money.

Glad you like it!

|

9/18/2017 10:06 PM

Guys I have 17' ktm 450 xcf that I do woods riding with. Bikes been great for the most part but a little backfire/pop on accel. Our first cooler day here in Washington was this past weekend and the bike is stumbling. Sitting in neutral if you crack the throttle in Boggs right out even when plenty warm. I took the gas tank apart and saw that not only was the filter dirty but it had a pinhole in the top of the fuel filter. I replaced justnow thinking it was the problem and unfortunately it isn't.

Any help, trying to do a hare scramble this weekend.

|

9/18/2017 10:12 PM

jlane97 wrote:

Guys I have 17' ktm 450 xcf that I do woods riding with. Bikes been great for the most part but a little backfire/pop on accel. Our first cooler day here in Washington was this past weekend and the bike is stumbling. Sitting in neutral if you crack the throttle in Boggs right out even when plenty warm. I took the gas tank apart and saw that not only was the filter dirty but it had a pinhole in the top of the fuel filter. I replaced justnow thinking it was the problem and unfortunately it isn't.

Any help, trying to do a hare scramble this weekend.

Buy the TPS tool and set it. Huge difference with my bike. I went from .55 to .60 and it stopped the decel pop and random flame out. My bike is bone stock. TPS tool is like $30

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....