Tokyo Mods

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2018 5:56 PM

I have a 2018.5 ktm 450sx-f fe, And it never seemed to run very crisp. It’s been discussed at length here, so I’ll cut to the chase. I sent my ECU to Tokyo Mods. Was back in two days, and what’s difference. It starts so smooth now, even when it’s really cold, which shocked me. It doesn’t feel like it wants to flame out in corners, and has better throttle response. After thirty hours on this bike, I am finally over the moon about it. The mapping from factory was unsatisfactory to say the least.

Thanks to Kris Keefer for doing all the testing he does, and podcasts about the results. It really helped me get the bike dialed in, and the direction I went.

Also, don’t hesitate in Tokyo Mods. They do amazing work, and have excellent customer service. No joke, my bike Rips now. It’s night and day.

|

12/8/2018 6:00 PM

Had an identical experience with them as well on my 09 kx450f. Biggest power boost out of any mod i have put on the bike. I reccomend them on here all the time.

|

12/9/2018 6:19 AM

Just got mine back from them for my 17 kx250f. Looking forward to trying it out if the weather ever cooperates.

|

No brains, No headaches.

12/9/2018 7:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2018 7:33 AM

kb228 wrote:

Had an identical experience with them as well on my 09 kx450f. Biggest power boost out of any mod i have put on the bike. I reccomend them on here all the time.

I agree. On my last bike, I had a full fmf system, then tried a pc system. Ended up going back to stock in the end. I left this bike stock, didn’t buy into the aftermarket exhaust hype of 1-2 lbs lighter or 1/2 more hp, and did the mapping instead. The $113 bucks I spend on mapping is 9-10% the cost of a full exhaust system, and gave me 10x the results the Ti systems ever did. I’m so happy with my bike now I just can’t say enough.

|

12/9/2018 7:34 AM

Keith72 wrote:

Just got mine back from them for my 17 kx250f. Looking forward to trying it out if the weather ever cooperates.

Report back if you have time after the ride!

|

12/9/2018 11:05 AM

Its the best mod you can do to the new 450 FE. I had them do mine originally but now running their Vortex. . It also helps to raise the TPS. Mine is set at .64 volts. From the factory it was only .49.

|

12/9/2018 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2018 5:25 PM

blaze 57 wrote:

Its the best mod you can do to the new 450 FE. I had them do mine originally but now running their Vortex. . It also helps to raise the TPS. Mine is set at .64 volts. From the factory it was only .49.

My only rub with Tokyo Mods is when I got my 15 450FE and it started hard and was sluggish when revving on the stand so I did my own research and bought the Best Dual Sport TPS tool and adjusted the TPS from .49 to .635 and the thing barked afterwards and definitely ran awesome on the track. I wrote this and few guys on here did the same and had similar results. Tokyo Mods posted in the thread that what we were doing was a band aid approach (their exact words) and that the only way to do it correctly was to have the ECU remapped so I sent mine to them and it ran great afterwards BUT it was already running great so I wasn't even positive if they made it any better. So here's my issue, so I got my next FE450 in 16 and I called them before I even rode it and was told that I wouldn't need to adjust the TPS after the remap so I sent it out and it came back and the bike was still starting hard and was stumbling when cracking the throttle so I grabbed my TPS tool and bumped the TPS from .55 to .64 and it cleaned everything up. The bike started with the slightest tap of the button and now barked when cracking the throttle so I was a little disappointed after being told on the phone that I wouldn't need to adjust the TPS when I clearly needed to do it to get the bike to run properly. I went to Motolab in CT for my next 2 FE450s and couldn't be happier with Tom's work.

|

12/9/2018 5:40 PM

I was thinking of trying motolab as well. Had heard really good stuff about his work.

|

12/9/2018 7:33 PM

I've been using Twisted Development for my mapping the last few years and they have it dialed in. Very sick maps for KTM and Husky, worth looking into.

From Mike Sleeter:
https://mytwowheellife.com/mytwowheellife/2018/11/26/twisted-devolpment-2019-husqvarnaktm-450-mapping
Photo

From Kris Keefer:
http://pulpmx.com/2018/09/04/2019-ktm-450-sx-f-helpful-tips/
Photo

|

12/10/2018 12:44 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I've been using Twisted Development for my mapping the last few years and they have it dialed in. Very sick maps for KTM and Husky, worth looking into.

From Mike Sleeter:
https://mytwowheellife.com/mytwowheellife/2018/11/26/twisted-devolpment-2019-husqvarnaktm-450-mapping
Photo

From Kris Keefer:
http://pulpmx.com/2018/09/04/2019-ktm-450-sx-f-helpful-tips/
Photo

Thank you sir. I heard so much about twisted and Motolab, that I wanted to give Tokyo Mods a shot. Glad I did!

|

12/11/2018 9:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2018 9:21 AM

I got the Vortex/TokyoMods ECU for my exc-f and it runs sweet!

|