TC 250 flywheel on TX 300

Hi, everyone.

Long time reader first time poster.

Before I get to my questions, I just want to thank GuyB, the mods and members for making Vital an incredible source for news, information and entertainment (some of the stuff you guys come up with is comedy gold).

So I've pretty much committed to a '17 Husqvarna TX 300 and here' what I'm wondering:

1) How much more mellow would a TX 300 be compared to a TC 250 with a TC 300 kit?

2) Would a flywheel from a '17 TC 250 fit a '17 TX 300? If yes, would the lighter TC 250 flywheel make a significant or negligible difference in making the TX rev faster?

The reason I'm asking is that I use to have '15 TC 250 with a 300 kit and I would like to try make the TX rev similarly to my old TC.

I realize l there are other ways to wake up a TX such as head mods, changing the CDI box etc., but I'm just curious as what kind of difference the flywheel makes.

I'm assuming I'd lose the electric start with the TC 250 flywheel and I'm ok with that.

Having said all that, you'll probably suggest that I just get a '17 TC 250 instead of a '17 TX 300. I've thought long and hard about this. Each bike has their pros and cons and I ultimately decided that the TX is a better match for the kind of riding I do.

Thanks in advance for any information, advice and opinions anyone shares (even if it's "STFU Newbie" lol).

Jude
|
Monk
1/21/2017 6:33pm
The short and simple answer is no regarding the flywheel. Different ignition systems (stator is external on the TX vs internal on the TC), different crank shaft (to accommodate the different stator/flywheel), different flywheel (ring gear on the TX for the e-start), etc etc. Can it be done, yes but the costs would far outweigh the benefits...

As for making the bike more aggressive, as you mentioned ignition, shave the head, powervalve springs and preload are going to get you close as can be. Overall the TX is a better rounded bike then the TC.

Post a reply to: TC 250 flywheel on TX 300

The Latest