Sxf250 2018 top end service

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2018 9:16 AM

Bikes done 35 hours now was going to change the piston, anything else you would change? Cam chain etc?

|

10/9/2018 9:51 AM

Piston, spark plug and plug connector only at 50 hours.

Download your own bike's owner manual from KTM for free here, will answer a lot of your future questions:

https://www.ktm.com/gb/service/manuals/

You can also buy a workshop/repair manual from your local dealer on a CD only for a small fee, definitely worth the money if you plan to work on the bike yourself but just make sure you are comfortable performing the work required! cool

|

10/9/2018 10:26 AM

I do a cam chain when i do top ends. Theyre like $50 and its good insurance.

|

10/9/2018 10:39 AM

I normally do aswell, but the Ktm manual says to do a cam chain every 100 hours blink

|

10/9/2018 3:41 PM

I did 50 hours on stock piston and 100 hours on the bottom end. Depends how hard you ride the bike and how well you maintain it.

|

10/10/2018 7:00 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I did 50 hours on stock piston and 100 hours on the bottom end. Depends how hard you ride the bike and how well you maintain it.

I change the oil and oil filter and air filter after every days riding without fail which is normally only about an hour probably a bit excessive but I buy oil in bulk and like to keep the motor fresh. How fast are you?

|

10/10/2018 8:15 AM

I’m not very fast and don’t ride in the rev limiter. I do oil every 3-4 hours, oil filter every 6-8 hours. Air filter everyride.

Unless you feel the bike is hard to start or loss of compression. Wait until you hit 45-50 hours and do a leakdown test before you replace the top end. That will give you an idea of how much life is left.

|

10/10/2018 9:11 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I’m not very fast and don’t ride in the rev limiter. I do oil every 3-4 hours, oil filter every 6-8 hours. Air filter everyride.

Unless you feel the bike is hard to start or loss of compression. Wait until you hit 45-50 hours and do a leakdown test before you replace the top end. That will give you an idea of how much life is left.

I’m a local A rider and I also have a GET ignition on it which raises the Rev limiter 300rpm. The bikes running sweet and starts straight up, I think I will change it at 40hours

|

10/10/2018 9:59 AM

I’ll usually pop the valves out and clean up the carbon deposits, clean the casting marks out of the ports. If you go that route-valve seals as well. But yeah, plug, cam chain, deglaze the cylinder; should be good to go.

|

RPM Performance
CT