Sxf rear shock problem help!!

Edited Date/Time 7/1/2017 9:16am
Hey, does anyone know if I can buy the part in the picture or know of any breakers who may be able to help. I can buy the rod and this part as a whole but don't want to have to fit the new rod. The part in the picture, the thread has gone on the top that screws onto the bottom of the rear shock rod. I'm told it comes as one and have been advised not to just screw this part onto the existing rod. Would I be ok in doing so or should I replace the rod as well.
Thanks in advance any help will be really appreciated!!

|
Paw Paw
7/1/2017 7:28am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2017 7:28am
You will lose the fluid in the shock when you do so and thus the shock will have to be serviced as the oil is under pressure.

Paw Paw
karlz
7/1/2017 7:42am
I would just buy it complete inc the piston rod. I don't think they are that expensive compared to a jap shock. I know it means taking the shock apart, but most people change the gearbox oil regular, so why not the shock oil.

www.karlzracing.com
7/1/2017 8:03am
Cheers guys priced it up today £95 for ktm for the whole thing and £120 for a shock service. Better off doing it right so hopefully it doesn't happen again. Do you know any reason for it threading or is it just as it's under constant stress?? Cheers
karlz
7/1/2017 8:48am
I have seen this happen only a few times and I have rebuilt thousands over years. If you just want part fitting we only charge £50 for gas and oil service and £85 for a rebuild service.

www.karlzracing.com

The Shop

7/1/2017 9:16am
Karlz where are you based and could you supply the parts also? I would have to send the shock via post as I'm based in Yorkshire. Thanks

Post a reply to: Sxf rear shock problem help!!

The Latest