Swingarm question

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2018 7:46 PM

During my 125 build i decided to powder coat my swing arm, at this point i’m not the biggest fan of it and wanna do the polished look that factory bikes have. Since i sandblasted it is it possible to achieve this look?

|

11/27/2018 9:33 PM

I use WD40 and red scotchbrite.
Check out this video for a detailed how to:

|

11/28/2018 1:24 AM

Its going to take a long time to get it smooth again. But yea red scotch brite is what you would use to do it

|

11/28/2018 2:15 PM

so what do you recommend to remove the powder cost? should i sandblast it again and just do the scotchbrite and wd-40 method or is their a chemical that could do it? Thanks guys!

|

11/28/2018 2:29 PM

Last time i removed powder coat i used a grinder. Paint thinner might work

|

11/28/2018 4:00 PM

Aircraft stripper (methylene chloride), get it before the EPA bans it.

|

11/28/2018 5:48 PM

the blue can of aircraft stripper.

a few cheap 1" wide paint brushes

a small plastic container to pour the stripper into. available from home depot in the paint section.

2 tooth brush size brass brushes

rubber gloves

goggles

|

12/1/2018 1:04 PM

where are you guys finding the aircraft stripper? i’ve checked Walmart, Lowe’s, and Home depot!

|

12/1/2018 7:23 PM

I did a quick online search.. no auto parts stores or home improvement stores have it. Its all over their websites and amazon tho. Prob easier to go that route.

|

12/1/2018 7:46 PM

zac, I did the same thing once. Blast it back off. Since the arm was already blasted once to do the powdercoating,its already roughed up,so save yourself a lot of grief and time and just have the powdercoater guy blast all the powder back off. He'll probably do it for free or just a couple of bucks, you'll still have less money and time that way then buying chemicals and spending a couple hours scraping and breathing fumes. Then follow CarlinoJoe's instructions to get the finish you want.

|