Suspension tuning

Tryhard
3/31/2018 10:14am
I bought an 18' crf 250r 2 weeks ago . Ive bee loving the bike so far , but i really want to get the suspension dialed in . I have not had the chance to get to the track since i bought it . So i have been riding some single track and firetrails behind my house . When i get up to about 4th gear pretty decent speed my front forks starting going side to side alot as in left to right and gets pretty close to washing the front end out . What adjustment should be made to correct this ? rebound ? lower or raise the forks in the clamp ? Everything is stock right now i have not adjusted anything .

Edit : i have set my sag before experiencing this
|
m21racing
3/31/2018 11:07am
Tryhard wrote:
I bought an 18' crf 250r 2 weeks ago . Ive bee loving the bike so far , but i really want to get the suspension...
I bought an 18' crf 250r 2 weeks ago . Ive bee loving the bike so far , but i really want to get the suspension dialed in . I have not had the chance to get to the track since i bought it . So i have been riding some single track and firetrails behind my house . When i get up to about 4th gear pretty decent speed my front forks starting going side to side alot as in left to right and gets pretty close to washing the front end out . What adjustment should be made to correct this ? rebound ? lower or raise the forks in the clamp ? Everything is stock right now i have not adjusted anything .

Edit : i have set my sag before experiencing this
Set your sag, before anything.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
3/31/2018 11:41am
Tryhard
3/31/2018 11:46am
Thank you so much going to check these out when i get home ... and also forgot to mention i have set my sag other then that nothing else .
Tryhard
3/31/2018 12:34pm
those actually helped alot with some of the other questions and concerns ive had with the bike not really concerns . but he hit just about everything i was looking to hear . Thanks man!

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
3/31/2018 12:53pm
Tryhard wrote:
those actually helped alot with some of the other questions and concerns ive had with the bike not really concerns . but he hit just about...
those actually helped alot with some of the other questions and concerns ive had with the bike not really concerns . but he hit just about everything i was looking to hear . Thanks man!
I have the PulpMX app and in the Keefer Tested section there's tons of great podcasts. He's doing great work.
kb228
3/31/2018 4:54pm
On my bike i actually corrected that by tightening the spanner nut under the top triple clamp - it had come loose over time. Check that in addition to suspension settings.

Post a reply to: Suspension tuning

The Latest