Suspension

Blackjack31
Can y’all tell a difference in fork oil? Like difference in maxima and yamalube S-1? Also what oil weight do you run and how much? I weigh 160 pounds and am an A class hare scramble rider
|
fourfourone
1/25/2019 10:06am
im going to try the Kayaba KYB 01M Fork Oil this time. Pretty sure its the same as S1
1/25/2019 3:42pm
I would say that the best guys in the world could probably tell the difference in brands of fork oil, normal folks like us probably couldn't tell the difference between brands of oil when compared back to back. Normal people probably would be able to tell the difference between oil weights though.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
1/25/2019 5:41pm
Can y’all tell a difference in fork oil? Like difference in maxima and yamalube S-1? Also what oil weight do you run and how much? I...
Can y’all tell a difference in fork oil? Like difference in maxima and yamalube S-1? Also what oil weight do you run and how much? I weigh 160 pounds and am an A class hare scramble rider
Run the stock weight...it's what the valving is designed for. You might have to raise the oil level to reduce clank bottoming. Better yet, get the suspension sprung for your weight if it's not already, and revalve if it's too soft.
Blackjack31
1/28/2019 8:30pm
Thanks guys. I’ll just stick with the maxima cause it has never given me problems. Was just curious. And I bought the bike off a pro rider. It’s sprung for me but not valved. I can’t afford the valving. I work for maintenance at my college making minimum wage haha. But I do plan to get it valved sometime. Hoping for a suspension company to help me out a little.

The Shop

Blackjack31
1/28/2019 8:31pm
So the valving is probably off considering he is a good bit faster than me. Wasn’t trying to sound like “I bought it off a pro and it’s the best.” I’m sure it’s a good bit off but it doesn’t feel terrible so I’m rolling with it.

Post a reply to: Suspension

The Latest