Supertrax shock on 2021 FC250 linkage?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2022 4:33 AM

I am considering putting the WP Supertrax shock on my 21 FC250. I already upgraded the front to the XACT Pro 6500 cartridge (didn't want to spend for the cones). Does anyone know if you "have to" change the linkage to get the shock to work correctly? There was a lot of confusion at my local WP dealer when I got the cartridge inserts about which ones I was getting. I was able to confirm with WP that I got the correct inserts.

It is my perception that I may not really notice much benefit out of this shock. I am a novice Vet that does mostly offroad racing. I do play with suspension settings on my bikes when I get to a new track so I am not assuming that I can just buy suspension and it will be perfect.

|

2/10/2022 4:54 AM

When you say "correct" inserts, does that mean they are a shorter version that is specific to the shortened Husky and that your forks are still the same length as stock?

|

Powerband in every gear !

2/10/2022 4:58 AM

They may not be shorter because when I looked on the actual box it said 450SXF (if I recall correctly, it indicated for a KTM and not Husky). The dealer is fairly new for WP and we both looked at the website they have access to. It wasn't super clear but I did contact WP directly. WP indicated I had the correct ones. So not sure how that works with the 10 mm lower. Maybe it starts lower on the stroke of the rod? No clue? I didn't think about comparing the length of the original parts to the new ones either so I can't confirm. I didn't notice it being taller when it was on the bike either.

|

2/10/2022 5:27 AM

Call solid performance in Downingtown, pa ask for Brandon tell him I sent you their way. These guys are the #1 wp dealer in the country and really know their way around wp pro components, best in the biz I’d say for wp. The owner is a damn genius and works magic when it comes to ktm suspenders. Give them a call I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

|

2/10/2022 5:51 AM

There appears to be specific, different cartridges for the Husky based on these different part numbers:

KTM: All SX, SX-F, XC, XC-F (full size) from MY21 (A460C107U002220); MY2016-MY2020 models fit with KIT Article No.: A460C107T002220

Husqvarna: TC, FC (full size) TX 300, FX 350, FX 450 from MY21 (A360C107U002220) MY2016-MY2020 models fit with KIT Article No.: A360C107T002220

As far as putting the Trax shock on, I would assume they also make a specific shock for the Husky? Keep in mind, on the stock shocks, the KTM and Husky shocks are the same length. The only difference is the Husky has a 6mm thicker end cap on the body to prevent the tire from contacting the fender. The 10mm difference is all in the linkage.

|

4/5/2022 8:59 PM

FGR01 wrote:

There appears to be specific, different cartridges for the Husky based on these different part numbers:

KTM: All SX, SX-F, ...more

Do you know which variant of the 8950 (supertrax) will fit on older bikes? I have a 2017 Husky FC350.

|

“It is obvious that they are not cool-headed logicians systematically analyzing the foundations of knowledge. They are deeply involved emotionally in their attack on truth and reality.”

4/6/2022 7:43 AM

FGR01 wrote:

KTM: All SX, SX-F, ...more

MUTHERFUKER wrote:

Do you know which variant of the 8950 (supertrax) will fit on older bikes? I have a 2017 Husky FC350.

I do not. I'd suggest calling AEO suspension and asking them.

|