Stuck swing arm bolt

8/16/2018 5:51am
526 wrote:
The Nut is off it sounds like? so an Impact will do nothing...... you need to heat the engine case up because I highly doubt it...
The Nut is off it sounds like? so an Impact will do nothing...... you need to heat the engine case up because I highly doubt it is stuck the bearings which are pressed into the swingarm. I would keep soaking it while laying on it's side so it can run down inside and use heat as the last ditch effort, using heat is great if you are cautious and you understand the damage that could be done by using it.
bradjaydoe wrote:
Do you know a safe temperature, or point i should stop?
Mapp Gas would be best an exact temperature I do not.........If you don't know when to hot is too hot or feel comfortable with the torch I would stay with the let it soak and hope for the best method or phone in a expert or someone with experience.
8/16/2018 5:52am
Just an FYI - You want an impact WRENCH. Not an impact driver.
He has the Nut off there is nothing that needs to be UNthreaded the bolt needs to be pushed/pounded/driven out of the swingarm/motor.
bradjaydoe
8/16/2018 6:01am
Just an FYI - You want an impact WRENCH. Not an impact driver.
526 wrote:
He has the Nut off there is nothing that needs to be UNthreaded the bolt needs to be pushed/pounded/driven out of the swingarm/motor.
Yes, the nut is off.
bradjaydoe
8/17/2018 5:37pm
Thank you guys so much!!! Bought and air hammer from tractor supply, soaked everything in seafoam deep creep. Heat the swing arm, than worked it with the air hammer. Bolt is out!

The bolt is trashed but im just happy too get it, also probably need some new swing arm bushings, maybe next time i will get it out without destroying the pivot bolt. Thanks again everyone!

The Shop

kb228
8/17/2018 7:25pm
bradjaydoe wrote:
Thank you guys so much!!! Bought and air hammer from tractor supply, soaked everything in seafoam deep creep. Heat the swing arm, than worked it with...
Thank you guys so much!!! Bought and air hammer from tractor supply, soaked everything in seafoam deep creep. Heat the swing arm, than worked it with the air hammer. Bolt is out!

The bolt is trashed but im just happy too get it, also probably need some new swing arm bushings, maybe next time i will get it out without destroying the pivot bolt. Thanks again everyone!
On the next one, put a thin layer of waterproof grease on it to prevent it from happening again.
bradjaydoe
8/17/2018 9:24pm
Yea, there are some pics of the bolt, threads are destroyed. Cand really tell why it was stuck. But know im in the process of installing a new crank and piston.

Now if only i could figure out whats going one with the cr 125. Damn thing wont open up, ive checked several things, it just bogs

Post a reply to: Stuck swing arm bolt

The Latest