Stripped oil drain threads

Related:
Create New Tag

12/16/2018 8:05 PM

I have a 2017 yz250f with a stripped oil drain hole. It is the threads in the case and the way they have it near the frame you have to take the motor out to tap it. Any other ideas? Thanks

|

12/17/2018 7:31 AM

i stripped one myself
3 options tap it
heli coil
buy new cases
if its to close to frame take the motor out
you have to take it out anyways

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

12/17/2018 1:25 PM

brody wrote:

i stripped one myself
3 options tap it
heli coil
buy new cases
if its to close to frame take the motor out
you have to take it out anyways

I was gonna try a timesert kit but they are expensive. Probably gonna end up pulling the motor and tap it

|

12/17/2018 2:17 PM

I would put in the heli coil they are stronger than just the tap

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

12/17/2018 7:59 PM

make sure you grease up the tap so it catches the bits and they dont end up in your case.

|

12/18/2018 7:48 PM

I know the time sent is expensive, but that’s the route I would go.

|

12/18/2018 10:36 PM

+2 on the time sert. 10x better than a heli coil. It's peace of mind knowing a time sert is in there as opposed to a heli coil. There's a reason why they are more expensive...thats the way I look at it. If it wasn't a crucial bolt going in then I'd say go heli coil all day but it doesn't get much more crucial than an oil drain bolt.

|