Stainless Work sink/bench

m21racing
Edited Date/Time 7/27/2022 8:15pm
Scored a nice sink/counter to build into a workbench. Was thinking of using livestock pad to quiet and reinforce the unit, combined with some metal plating under counter space. What have some who have done this used. I have to attach some legs and mounts as well. This is 25"×72". Saves some space, and the width matches with my other dual basin drain sink.

|
FWYT
7/21/2022 11:33am
Yeah, I did something similar with a smaller unit to act as a portable wet bench. I dropped it into a rolling cart so that it can go under a bench when not in use. (I am in a small space.) Mounted a vise to help with suspension. Wood top to work on things that are just generally grubby. A bucket with cleaner sits in the basin to act as a cleaning spot and any splashing just drips into the catch bottles.

I use it ALL THE TIME and it is insanely handy. Contains any mess and is easy to clean. You will love it!

m21racing
7/21/2022 11:57am
FWYT wrote:
Yeah, I did something similar with a smaller unit to act as a portable wet bench. I dropped it into a rolling cart so that it...
Yeah, I did something similar with a smaller unit to act as a portable wet bench. I dropped it into a rolling cart so that it can go under a bench when not in use. (I am in a small space.) Mounted a vise to help with suspension. Wood top to work on things that are just generally grubby. A bucket with cleaner sits in the basin to act as a cleaning spot and any splashing just drips into the catch bottles.

I use it ALL THE TIME and it is insanely handy. Contains any mess and is easy to clean. You will love it!

Went to cal ranch and bought remnant piece of livestock pad. It's about 3/4" thick. Cheap and should be good for certain parts. That's a nice bench you built.
MaxPower
7/24/2022 7:34am
I like those stainless sink/counters. I'm surprised that they aren't used in homes today for real.
I'm not following, how would you use the mat?
m21racing
7/27/2022 8:15pm
MaxPower wrote:
I like those stainless sink/counters. I'm surprised that they aren't used in homes today for real.
I'm not following, how would you use the mat?
I decided to not use livestock mat. Ended up putting it on floor in work area instead. I was gonna use it as a noise buffer. Probably just gonna use some dynamat, and some steel plating instead. Been busy on automotive projects, so bench still sits in waiting.

Post a reply to: Stainless Work sink/bench

The Latest