Squeaky Brakes

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2018 10:47 AM

My brakes tend to always have a little squeak to them and while they function normally, it can be rather annoying. I have tried brake cleaner on the pads and rotors, but no luck. Any ideas?

|

3/5/2018 11:06 AM

Both of my bikes do that. Look for ceramic pads if you want it to stop.

|

3/5/2018 11:09 AM

New brake pads. If they get glazed over they will sqeek and not work as well. But that being said i have a ktm and after a few hours they started to squeak, put new pads and rotor still squeak. I just deal with it, lets people know to get out of my way when they hear the transit bus trying to slow down behind them.

|

3/6/2018 3:49 PM

Our ktms always seem to squeak also. Replace with new parts and it's good for a bit then it squeaks. I just tell my son I know if he's using too much and where he's using them

|

3/6/2018 8:34 PM

I have had the same thing the last two times I have replaced my pads and I didn’t go with oem I went with cheapoo pads

|

3/7/2018 3:09 AM

New pads will do it. Front or back brake?
Any oil on the pads will cause them to glaze over in short time. If your fork seals are leaking onto the front brake, that will do it. If you aren’t careful lubing your chain, that could do it to the back one.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.