Spring fork oil change

lawson34
Is it ok to just to change the fork oil without pulling out the cartridge?
|
kb228
6/26/2019 3:09am
Depends on how dirty it is. If its a 2005 bike and hasnt had the forks apart since it was built then no. If its new and youre changing the oil every 15-20 hours and its clean then sure go ahead and just change it. Keep in mind its important to let it all drain out so the proper amount is in there once you fill it back up. Its harder to let it drain with the cartridge in it.
lawson34
6/26/2019 8:45am
kb228 wrote:
Depends on how dirty it is. If its a 2005 bike and hasnt had the forks apart since it was built then no. If its new...
Depends on how dirty it is. If its a 2005 bike and hasnt had the forks apart since it was built then no. If its new and youre changing the oil every 15-20 hours and its clean then sure go ahead and just change it. Keep in mind its important to let it all drain out so the proper amount is in there once you fill it back up. Its harder to let it drain with the cartridge in it.
Yeah it's a new bike the 19 450's came with off the wall oil levels, I've never had forks apart on my own would like to drain them then fill with correct oil levels
colvin227
6/26/2019 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2019 5:15pm
kb228 wrote:
Depends on how dirty it is. If its a 2005 bike and hasnt had the forks apart since it was built then no. If its new...
lawson34 wrote:
Yeah it's a new bike the 19 450's came with off the wall oil levels, I've never had forks apart on my own would like to...
Yeah it's a new bike the 19 450's came with off the wall oil levels, I've never had forks apart on my own would like to drain them then fill with correct oil levels
Then your fine for what your intended reason is. For an actual service at 20-30hrs I’d always change all oils together with new seals AND bushings. But just for peice of mind of what’s in there new sure you can drain the outers and refill to proper levels, no worries
lawson34
6/26/2019 6:19pm
kb228 wrote:
lawson34 wrote:
Yeah it's a new bike the 19 450's came with off the wall oil levels, I've never had forks apart on my own would like to...
colvin227 wrote:
Then your fine for what your intended reason is. For an actual service at 20-30hrs I’d always change all oils together with new seals AND bushings...
Then your fine for what your intended reason is. For an actual service at 20-30hrs I’d always change all oils together with new seals AND bushings. But just for peice of mind of what’s in there new sure you can drain the outers and refill to proper levels, no worries
Thx guys...

Post a reply to: Spring fork oil change

The Latest