Spark Plug Read KTM 125

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
Edited Date/Time 5/16/2018 6:26pm
Hey guys, I know it’s not a throttle chop on the plug reading. But 1 hour on a full rebuild. If you have 2 cents to throw at the plug reading?

2016 KTM 125
50/50 C12/91 pump
Mixed 50:1

Thank you!
|
DynoDan22
5/15/2018 7:54pm
Looks good. Safe and not too lean. My '18 150sx plug looks identical and I'm 50/50 C12/91 pump @40:1.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
5/15/2018 8:00pm
Cool, she's got plenty of pull and very snappy. I looked online at spark plug images and it looked right in the middle. Thank you for the second set of eyes!Woohoo
ktm-5
5/15/2018 8:50pm
Yeah I'd say a tad rich but better to be rich than too lean. I always like it a little more brownish, you could probably go one clip up on needle or even maybe one size smaller on main depending on how often your ringing it out wfo.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
5/15/2018 11:39pm
ktm-5 wrote:
Yeah I'd say a tad rich but better to be rich than too lean. I always like it a little more brownish, you could probably go...
Yeah I'd say a tad rich but better to be rich than too lean. I always like it a little more brownish, you could probably go one clip up on needle or even maybe one size smaller on main depending on how often your ringing it out wfo.
I was at 1.5 on the air screw. Would 1/2 turn in make a decent change?

Honestly the bike has so much bite, you think it’s worth running closer to lean? There’s no hesitation or Big at any point of the throttle.

The Shop

ktm-5
5/15/2018 11:46pm
No it will only change the very first crack of the throttle and 1.5 is where you wanna be, if anything I'd lean the needle or main (main only if your not wfo alot). If your happy with it I'd leave it or play with needle but it is close enough you may not notice any improvement by adjusting it
Bruce372
5/16/2018 12:01am
ktm-5 wrote:
Yeah I'd say a tad rich but better to be rich than too lean. I always like it a little more brownish, you could probably go...
I was at 1.5 on the air screw. Would 1/2 turn in make a decent change? Honestly the bike has so much bite, you think it’s...
I was at 1.5 on the air screw. Would 1/2 turn in make a decent change?

Honestly the bike has so much bite, you think it’s worth running closer to lean? There’s no hesitation or Big at any point of the throttle.
Yeah, you've got good fuel so lean it out and get it real crisp Smile
DynoDan22
5/16/2018 6:59am
The air screw is mostly effective at idle to 1/8th throttle....but...it does affect the rest of the range slightly. The idle circuit is always open and functioning throughout the entire throttle opening range. So your needle jetting is really the fuel flowing through the needle/emulsion tube opening plus the idle circuit (affected by air screw). The main jet function is the fuel flowing through the main jet at wide open throttle plus the idle circuit. The idle circuit continues to contribute to the overall mixture throughout the entire throttle opening (although only a small amount at 1/8th-wide open). I find the Keihin air screw to be pretty sensitive and I use it to clean up needle as well. It wont cover a needle that is off by a clip or two or a main jet that is way off, but it's an easy way to clean things up a bit. Try it and experiment and you will see how helpful it is. Your jetting is on the safe side for sure but try adjusting the air screw in 1/8th increments. It is sensitive and you will notice a difference.
69_JMC_69
5/16/2018 9:16am
Well, I'll start off by saying you're an idiot. You buy a $7,000 dollar 125 when there are bikes two grand cheaper new, and there are mint bikes on craigslist; both of these are cheaper to maintain than KTM. KTM are a bunch of European fags that care only about money.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
5/16/2018 10:13am
69_JMC_69 wrote:
Well, I'll start off by saying you're an idiot. You buy a $7,000 dollar 125 when there are bikes two grand cheaper new, and there are...
Well, I'll start off by saying you're an idiot. You buy a $7,000 dollar 125 when there are bikes two grand cheaper new, and there are mint bikes on craigslist; both of these are cheaper to maintain than KTM. KTM are a bunch of European fags that care only about money.
Wow! Hahaha, I bought the bike for $4,000. Soooooo thanks for input on my spark plug.
ktm-5
5/16/2018 12:08pm
69_JMC_69 wrote:
Well, I'll start off by saying you're an idiot. You buy a $7,000 dollar 125 when there are bikes two grand cheaper new, and there are...
Wow what a tool and a completely uninformed dumbass, your comment alone shows how dumb you are....lol why don't you go troll somewhere else your to stupid for these kind of conversations
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/16/2018 2:50pm
69_JMC_69 wrote:
go back to 69ing
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/16/2018 2:53pm
69_JMC_69 wrote:
Enjoy your time out
5/16/2018 3:19pm
69_JMC_69 wrote:
And none of them are as nice shape or have as much power as a stock KTM! Funny how that works.
69_JMC_69
5/16/2018 6:14pm
69_JMC_69 wrote:
And none of them are as nice shape or have as much power as a stock KTM! Funny how that works.
Ok, let’s be realistic. Is he that good where he will use the full potential of the bike.
69_JMC_69
5/16/2018 6:17pm
69_JMC_69 wrote:
ktm-5 wrote:
Wow what a tool and a completely uninformed dumbass, your comment alone shows how dumb you are....lol why don't you go troll somewhere else your to...
Wow what a tool and a completely uninformed dumbass, your comment alone shows how dumb you are....lol why don't you go troll somewhere else your to stupid for these kind of conversations
Stfu, you are being a little bitch. Any kind of hate triggers you.
69_JMC_69
5/16/2018 6:19pm
69_JMC_69 wrote:
Wow! Hahaha, I bought the bike for $4,000. Soooooo thanks for input on my spark plug.
Hey dude, I’m not actually coming after you. I said that because I knew people would attack me. Aka, I’m trolling. Smile
ktm-5
5/16/2018 6:19pm
69_JMC_69 wrote:
69_JMC_69 wrote:
Ok, let’s be realistic. Is he that good where he will use the full potential of the bike.
Damn dude who the hell are you? Maybe he is good enough maybe he just wants his bike to run at full potential, either way it's none of your damn business. Your just a troll who obviously is unhappy and trying to drag others down with you, so why don't you just f off
69_JMC_69
5/16/2018 6:26pm
69_JMC_69 wrote:
ktm-5 wrote:
Damn dude who the hell are you? Maybe he is good enough maybe he just wants his bike to run at full potential, either way it's...
Damn dude who the hell are you? Maybe he is good enough maybe he just wants his bike to run at full potential, either way it's none of your damn business. Your just a troll who obviously is unhappy and trying to drag others down with you, so why don't you just f off
Obviously he is wants it to be my business if he posted in the forum you dipshit. Go right to the stereotypes with me hating and assuming that I hate myself, good one! I figured a fag like you would get triggered. I’m playing you like a fiddle!
ktm-5
5/16/2018 7:27pm
Lol.... got us a comedian in the house
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/16/2018 9:14pm
69_JMC_69 wrote:
ktm-5 wrote:
Damn dude who the hell are you? Maybe he is good enough maybe he just wants his bike to run at full potential, either way it's...
69_JMC_69 wrote:
Obviously he is wants it to be my business if he posted in the forum you dipshit. Go right to the stereotypes with me hating and...
Obviously he is wants it to be my business if he posted in the forum you dipshit. Go right to the stereotypes with me hating and assuming that I hate myself, good one! I figured a fag like you would get triggered. I’m playing you like a fiddle!
Bye, bye! Click...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/17/2018 3:16pm
ktm-5 wrote:
69_JMC_69 wrote:
Obviously he is wants it to be my business if he posted in the forum you dipshit. Go right to the stereotypes with me hating and...
ML512 wrote:
Bye, bye! Click...
Thank you Michael

Post a reply to: Spark Plug Read KTM 125

The Latest