Something got too hot??

jaredkeller96
11/9/2018 10:14am
kb228 wrote:
Yes it can lose power. Usually thats from a weak magneto though. Not the stator itself. Heat kills those magnetos. Might just be what happened. You...
Yes it can lose power. Usually thats from a weak magneto though. Not the stator itself. Heat kills those magnetos. Might just be what happened.

You can test output voltage of the stator to see. Or find a $30 magneto off ebay and give it a shot.
gharmon wrote:
When you say magneto what are your referring to? Those two CPK's that function with the stator? Not sure what you are talking about. I tried...
When you say magneto what are your referring to? Those two CPK's that function with the stator? Not sure what you are talking about.

I tried messing with this evening. We know it's a fuel problem. We now know it's not the fuel pump, injector, condensor or rectifier. I was using my volt meter to today along with the manual. Granted I am not good with electrical stuff at all.
I test the kill switch and it's fine (someone had mentioned it). I think attempted to test the stator. upon checking the resistance of the stator with the white and yellow wires I got a resistance of 0.01 ohms. My question is did I do it right.
The range is .0.1-3.0. So a tenth to three. I how a one-hundredth on mine.

I am going to put a couple with and someone tell me if I had it set right. If so, does this seem to be my problem. Remember this engine was ran hot (very hot).
Thanks for the help guys.

most likely your stator. heat destroys those 10-17 crf250 stators. i went through 2 of them in a year once i modded my bike. replaced everything like you are doing. checked leak down, everything. new stator in..fired right up. i have one now on my 450 that is epoxied at the joints to keep it from happening again. a lot of teams do it that way with the epoxy. I've also had a TPS connector break right off. check your TPS as well
jaredkeller96
11/9/2018 10:14am
my stator even checked out in the acceptable ohms reading even tho it was bad
kb228
11/9/2018 11:21am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2018 11:25am
Specifically i was referring to your flywheel. Heat demagnetizes things. If theres no/weak magnetic force that correlates to the amount of electricity generated in the stator.

And if you think its a fuel problem but you already replaced the pump and injector, something else is causing it to not squirt gas. At that point you have an ecu or power supply issue.
gharmon
11/12/2018 4:49am
a buddy of mine had the same thing happen to him it turns out his timing was off fixed his timing and the bike started right...
a buddy of mine had the same thing happen to him it turns out his timing was off fixed his timing and the bike started right up. good luck
The bike will start and run as long as you spray ether in the intake. The timing is correct. Thanks for responding though. It is appreciated.

The Shop

gharmon
12/7/2018 1:58am
I just wanted to give an update. I bought a used flywheel and stator off ebay and installed it on the bike. The bike fired up immediately. So, I guess while having enough to fire the firing side of the bike it did not have enough juice to run the fuel injection part of the bike. Problem solved. Thanks for the help guys.
kb228
12/7/2018 3:45am
gharmon wrote:
I just wanted to give an update. I bought a used flywheel and stator off ebay and installed it on the bike. The bike fired up...
I just wanted to give an update. I bought a used flywheel and stator off ebay and installed it on the bike. The bike fired up immediately. So, I guess while having enough to fire the firing side of the bike it did not have enough juice to run the fuel injection part of the bike. Problem solved. Thanks for the help guys.
No problem. thanks for the update. It helps everyone
gharmon
12/9/2018 12:59pm
gharmon wrote:
I just wanted to give an update. I bought a used flywheel and stator off ebay and installed it on the bike. The bike fired up...
kb228 wrote:
No problem. thanks for the update. It helps everyone
I agree. I cant tell you how many threads end with no resolution. I figured maybe this will help someone in the future.

Post a reply to: Something got too hot??

The Latest