Soda blast VS Vapor Blast

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2018 7:01 PM

Could i please get people's opinions as to what is the better option. I am wanting to start cleaning engine, frame eg on my 06 CR250. I don't wont chrome look just factory look.

Thanks all.

|

8/27/2018 12:26 AM

I have a vapor blasting machine , it’s all down to what media you use for finish I recommend 200/300 grade Photo
Photo

|

8/27/2018 3:10 AM

Soda blasting leaves a rough finish. Vapor blasting leaves a shinier cleaner finish. I tried soda blasting on the engine cases on a yz250 i restored. Worked well but since then i have everything vapor blasted. I wouldnt even recommend or consider soda anymore for dirtbike engines.

|

8/27/2018 2:23 PM

Soda blasting leaves a dry look. I suggest vapor blasting if you can afford the set-up... or send it out to have done.

|

8/27/2018 6:14 PM

Nial_Darragh wrote:

I have a vapor blasting machine , it’s all down to what media you use for finish I recommend 200/300 grade Photo
Photo

Those parts look amazing. Could i ask what setup do you have? Expensive?

|

8/28/2018 12:06 AM

Nial_Darragh wrote:

I have a vapor blasting machine , it’s all down to what media you use for finish I recommend 200/300 grade Photo
Photo

bbtr_736 wrote:

Those parts look amazing. Could i ask what setup do you have? Expensive?

It’s called vapormate cost 5500£ plus compressor was 3000£

|

8/28/2018 4:48 AM

No doubt vapor blast comes out better, but you can get different grades of soda and with a 50.00$ soda blaster & an air compressor, get some very good results. I try to perform as many task as possible on my builds, using outside vendors can sometimes really bog a build down....

|

8/28/2018 5:22 PM

sandman768 wrote:

No doubt vapor blast comes out better, but you can get different grades of soda and with a 50.00$ soda blaster & an air compressor, get some very good results. I try to perform as many task as possible on my builds, using outside vendors can sometimes really bog a build down....

Could i ask what you setup is? Very interested. I like the idea of vapor but i have same opinion i like to do as much as i can.

|

8/28/2018 5:36 PM

Company in US called Harbour Freight, they sell the soda blast kit, all you need is air compressor & soda...

|