Smoke coming from hole in front right side of motor

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2018 1:13 PM

when i fire up my 2005 suzuki rmz 250 4 stroke it leaks oil hitting the exhaust and i’m not sure where it’s coming from. also when it’s running there’s a hole that’s supposed to be there but not sure what it is that rolls out white smoke? any ideas on what the holes for and how to fix it?

|

6/5/2018 2:32 PM

Can you post pics of the holes youre talking about? Or say what the holes are on? Usually theres a weep hole on the right side of the cylinder to drain oil from the spark plug hole. Theres also a weep hole on the waterpump to indicate a leak of coolant or oil.

|

6/5/2018 3:56 PM

Photo
|

6/5/2018 3:58 PM

Photo
|

6/5/2018 5:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 5:23 PM

Thanks. That hole should be covered by a small plate and a bolt. It goes righf inside your cylinder head. The plate keeps oil out. The reason its there is because thats where the manual decompression cable would have gone back in the day.

|

6/5/2018 6:42 PM

kb228 wrote:

Thanks. That hole should be covered by a small plate and a bolt. It goes righf inside your cylinder head. The plate keeps oil out. The reason its there is because thats where the manual decompression cable would have gone back in the day.

X2

Paw Paw

|

6/6/2018 5:38 PM

thank you , i just ordered it from rick roush . is there a difference from the plate then a rubber plug because that’s what i bought was the rubber plug the guy didn’t say anything about a plate.

|

6/7/2018 2:05 AM

Yeah theres a plug, plate, and bolt. See below. Photo

|